East steelhead

Got out on the weekend out east. Got out late on Saturday and hit one small steelhead as the water too dirty by 1100 am. Sunday got out at first light and hit 6 lber right away and that was it. Moved on farther out east,taking my time and found some water that didn't look too bad. Nothing for the first two hours and then they turned on til dark getting 7 fresh-run steelhead up to 8 lbs. Monday I got out in the afternoon to another eastern trib and from 100 pm to 500pm landed 15 out of 23 fish with the biggest being around 12 lbs. When I figure out my daughter's digital camera I may take some pictures of exceptional fish, but not really into pictures,don't want to give away these well known locations. Contrary to what some may believe these popular locations were not really that crowded especially Monday when I didn't see a person for the first two hours.

Too bad some people on this board have to be negative sometimes I don't think this is what this board is all about. There are some people on this board whom I know directly who would vouch for this namely crappieperchunter,fishunter,beans,photoz,buckster and ron.

To each their own, I say. Pics would be nice, if only to give us something to look at.

But I believe you. No need for any proof, here. The first snow has flown & the serious frosts are in. Fluctuations in water level or temperature often bring them in this time of year. Anyone who knows what they are doing (and it seems to me that you do) can get into fish. It's that simple :)

Glad you got a chance to smoke'em! :clapping: I've got a non-fishing weekend coming up, so it's nice to know that at least someone is getting out there!

Good luck again next time you go out!

p.-

looks like there is alot of us steelheaders from the shwa, we should get out for a shopping cart drifting bonanza.

I know a few good carts that are holding fish right now...there is also a couple hiding behind that big tractor tire in the ----- pool!

I may not be from the Shawa but I'm close enough to get there quick, time permitting. I would be interested so I can learn while I wait to pick up my float set up. I'd just bring my spinning gear for the trip... PM me if you are going and feel like coaching/teaching someone some tricks. If I can make it, count me in.

looks like there is alot of us steelheaders from the shwa, we should get out for a shopping cart drifting bonanza.

I know a few good carts that are holding fish right now...there is also a couple hiding behind that big tractor tire in the ----- pool!

dont forget about the bodies too..

Well guys when you see a lot of cops standing by the river it cant be a good thing.

Turned around and walk the other way is probably the smartest thing to do.

Imagine getting snagged and pulling a decomposed finger or a toe from a deep pool ahah....scary

Well guys when you see a lot of cops standing by the river it cant be a good thing.

Turned around and walk the other way is probably the smartest thing to do.

Imagine getting snagged and pulling a decomposed finger or a toe from a deep pool ahah....scary

"Holy... what a weird looking worm. Wait! That's a.........."

:whistling:

p.-