Bassman Magazine 2nd issue

marcers75

I thjought that, when I signed up, I would only get the premire issue. Quite a surprise, and a nice one at that, to receive the second issue.

Same here.

I did? Sheesh. I read the mag and didn't even see it. Now I gotta go back and look. :thumbsup_anim:

JF

Yeah John you are there in the first few pages... maybe that's why the one woman has less items on then normal... ;):D

Got mine and read it cover to cover as well.

Bass Man emailed me to find out what I thought of it. I gave it a 2 thumbs up!

My only comment, that was somewhat negative, was the timing.

The article about the family (sorry, can't think of her name but the pregnant one) didn't indicate how she / they did for the 2008 season. This article was written, my reading and comprehension anyways, in 2007 and it was the 2008 season she'd have been back. Also, it listed only 2 of the Renegades, if I remember correctly, and the season was over when it arrived so the end results were not there.

I know it's brand new and they're still working out the bugs and actively doing well with wanting reviews.

I know for sure I'm going to continue my subscription and for my fathers and buddy too. I have a hat too that I wear with pride! :)

...more bikinis though!

Cheers

I got mine too, and I enjoyed reading it. the price was right also ! Like others have said though, I'm not much into tournament bass fishing. Having said that the first edition with the fairer sex featured and a bit of eye candy caught my attention !

I have an OFC sticker in the back window of my truck, and about a month ago I was stopped for a red light in downtown Toronto. A car stopped behind me, the driver got out and came up to me and said "here ya go, I saw your window sticker" and handed me a business card that read Bassman Magazine.

He hopped back in his car, the light turned green, and we both went on our way.

I don't know if he's a member of this board or not and had never heard of the mag before then, but whoever it was, I hope his magazine is a success.

I never fish for bass so will not subscribe to it, but I liked his style and wish him luck :thumbsup_anim:

Yeah John you are there in the first few pages... maybe that's why the one woman has less items on then normal... ;):D

I found it. I remember thinking thoughts like that but hadn't remembered sending it to the mag. Mebbe that has something to do with being on the downhill side of 60. :whistling:

As for the mag, I like the content. As a recent returnee to the wonderful world of bassfishery after a 50 year hiatus, I really did enjoy the articles that dealt with bass tools & tactics at a level even I can understand. I suppose for the same reason you grizzled veterans of the bass wars might find it a little rudimentary. It's tough to satisfy everyone. What I really wanna find out is where all those pretty girls in the bikinis do their bassin'. All my fishing companions seem to be unshaven potbellies suffering from terminal flatulence.

JF