1st trip to BOQ

Streamerguy

Hello All,

I have been waiting a long time to actually see and fish BOQ for the first time.A friend/co-worker

mentioned to me last month if id be interested in going and the day finally came on thurs night,we

left way to early as we had to pick up the boat at another friends house and didnt want to show up

at midnight waking everyone up!!

We picked up the boat and headed out to timmies in welland around 9:30 pm,couple extra lg coffee's

and we were off..... :thumbsup_anim:

1.jpg

We arrived in Picton just after 2am(time we were suppose to leave)and picked up a few zzzz's :sleeping_02:

before sun up!

Started to get things going around 7am.Pep getting the boat ready

2.jpg

3.jpg

We headed down to the Glenora ferry and made our way across

onferry.jpg

ferry.jpg

The day started off with no wind and as soon as the boat went in to the water,the wind picked up!

Started trolling the west side of the ferry,everything was great but the wind started to pick up

even harder... being on a 14ft aluminum boat trolling at low speeds didnt set well with my guts!!

Well i dont have to tell ya what happened next but we ended the trolling early and headed out to

the drug store for some gravol!!

It was time to get our room anyways so we headed out to the sportmans,unpacked and picked up a map.

With the winds blowing so hard we decided to leave picton bay to the bigger boats and head out to

Deseronto and fish the telegraph narrows.

We didnt catch any eyes or pike but did manage to hit the perch heavy,we caught over 100 but only

a few will hit the pan

pep.jpg

pep1.jpg

Time to get back to the room and i was told not to leave her out

motorin.jpg

here's where she slept for the weekend,at least she didn't snore, pep!!

motorsleep.jpg

Next morning after watching the weather channel,it was not looking very good,rain,wind,white caps..

ok back to room watch some fishing shows i guess until this clears up.....

few shots i took from the launch that morning

skywaybridge.jpg

moningshot.jpg

Back on the water at 2:30 until sun down,2 days down and still no eyes or pike,only a few perch

this was our leaving shot

sunset.jpg

Last day.....Sunday morning,sun comes out and the winds have died down a bit.We got out at 7am

and i started casting again for that pike,while pep was still fishing for perch and walleye.After

2 hours i noticed we forgot the net...Oh well !!The perch have been hitting everything and anything

(micro tubes,pink worms,anything small)all weekend long,so i decided to stop pike fishing after

3 hours of casting and go after the perch with pep.

Take off my leader line and rig up a small jighead with a little red pom-pom to see if the perch

will hit this egg imatation.I dropped it over the boat and before it could hit bottom.... :w00t:

My rod bent over and my reel screamed....I don't think thats a perch pep?

After 3 good runs and no net i landed my PB pike @ 31''....Beautiful lookin fish,not huge by any means

but a beauty indeed.....

pike.jpg

pike1.jpg

The funny thing is,iv'e never caught a pike or musky when fishing for them...it seems when i go fish

for other species i catch a pike or musky.I must be doing something wrong? A POM-POM :wallbash::wallbash:

Caught some more perch for the fish fry and headed back home!!

perch.jpg

No walter's this time but i had a great time non the less,beautiful area to visit and i will be back!!

Hope you enjoy

cheers

Streamerguy

cool report man, it may not have been exactly the type of fishing trip you where after, but goes to show you that you can adapt to the situation at the time and make a great trip of it. Nothing wrong with a haul of perch like that, and catching a PB pike along the way.

You guys should have put that Mariner to bed standing up ;)

Quinte is a bit behind right now for the walleye fishin, water a bit too warm still, don't dispair you guys definately aren't the only people to not see any walleye on your trip, the weather didn't help you much either :Gonefishing:

Great report and pics Streamerguy :thumbsup_anim:

Congratulation on your PB :clapping:

Man that's a ton of perch :w00t: Too bad to weather did not cooperate but from what you said, you guys had great fun :thumbsup_anim:

Best of luck on the walters for next time and thanks for sharing

Leechman

Real nice report!!! :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

Some nice pics and fish!!! :clapping:

Thanx Chief....

the weather didn't help you much either

ya it sure was tough out there,but the perch kept us busy!!

Nice report -- love the sundown shot of the bridge! And certainly nothing wrong with a mess of perch to fry up --- just means you get to go back again...soon!

My favourite shot too :thumbsup_anim: and a perch fry is just as good....looking forward to goin back

Congrats on your PB pike. Tough goin on the walleye but you'll be back I'm sure.

Thanx BenBeattie,i'm sure i will!!

Decent pike there too, and on a Pom Pom :rolleyes: Figures eh!!!

Joey

Thanx Joey....lol who would of thought,i'll hit one someday until then the surprises will have to do

thanks for sharing, some nice pics.

My pleasure and thank-you!!

But you know... a true die hard would have cuddled up with the motor to keep it warm on cold nights ^_^

It was our first date...... :whistling:

Best of luck on the walters for next time and thanks for sharing

Leechman

I sure hope so Leechman,thanx for posting :clapping:

cheers all

Streamerguy

:Gonefishing:

Well done for your first trip the BOQ !!! :whistling::canadian: those perch will be sooooo,goooood :P too bad about not getting any walleyes but hey,you never know,thats one great thing about quinte you never know what you are going to catch,there is almost everything that swims in freshwater is in the bay of quinte,i heard a guy got a 20lb king salmon right near the bridge a few weeks ago !!!! great fishing report & pics im sure you will be back to quinte,dont be shy about asking guys for help on what to use for the walleyes most guys will share with you down there !!! thanks for sharing...cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: