Day & a half on the St. Lawrence

lew

Squid headed east on Sunday and then I left Toronto at 2:00 AM Monday morning to meet up with him for a couple days of musky fishing on the St. Lawrence River near the Quebec border.

Mondays weather was nice for fishing with a strong westerly wind and we got a couple fish. Pete got the 1st musky around noon trolling a 14" black/silver Jake and then I got one just before sunset casting a bumble-bee Double "D"

Both were released at boatside with no pics or measurment

Tuesday was originally sposed to be a decent day too with a chance of rain but somehow the weather dudes missed that snowstorm for eastern Ontario until the last minute.

We got up yesterday morning to heavy rain but now they were calling for 70K wind gusts and the rain changing to 30 cm of snow in our area starting in the early evening. Neither of us mind fishing in the snow and wind but didn't like the idea of a 500 km trip down the hiway thru a snowstorm, specially with Pete towing his big 19' boat, so we just fished till 1:00 0'clock yesterday afternoon and called it a day with no more fish.

Funny how a 1000 km drive for 2 days of fishing never seems like a big deal :Gonefishing:

Pete and I always have a great time fishing together and this trip was no different.

We got out before the storm hit, although I did see some wet snow around the Kingston area, but the hi-lite of the drive was the .88 ¢ gas on the 401 around Brockville. It's been awhile since I bought 1/2 a tank of gas for only $28 :thumbsup_anim:

Fun times and lotsa laffs

Here's the only pic I took on the trip.......Pete casting at sunset.

Cnv0212.jpg

Edited by lew

Good report Lew!...glad to see that both of you were able to hook into a fish!! :thumbsup_anim: I was thinkin' about you late yesterday afternoon while looking out the window at the river, wondering if you guys where out braving the elements!!!...Good call for getting off the water and returning home safe and sound!! :clapping:

That's great Lew, I worried about you guys out there yesterday. Glad to hear you're back safe and sound.

At least you both got into a fish and had a great time with great company. What could be better :thumbsup_anim:

Joey

nice report, good to hear that both of you got into a fish, as for the weather..well we can't do nothing about that, maybe that was just to climatize yourself for the Dec G2G out my way.

1000km trip for fishin, I hear ya, I drive all over Ontario for work over the years sometimes into Gatineau and Hull when I work East, driving doesn't bother me all that much,just gets borign running a few hours solo there and back for the day. heck we drive 350 kms each way to our trailer pretty much weekly all summer, and I think that's a short drive sometimes :lol:

Glad the weather wasn't too bad , and it was a safe trip all around :Gonefishing:

Nice, at least you each got one, well worth a trip. The weather has been very windy latley, I like that 20-25mph after that it's tough. Thurs and Friday are looking good this week with 10-15 degrees and cloudy with a nice 20mph South West wind, perfect late fall days for anyone fishing.

88 cents a litre!!! I'd be tempted to drive from the Big Smoke just to fill up for that price just on principle!!

Yeah, right!

Nice to see you guys tied into a couple of toothy critters, there is a good chance of hooking a record sized fish up on the Larry.