Annual Hunting Trip West (NF)

TJQ

The pics in the cutting room sure do bring back memories of the Soo TJ. There would be 5-6 of us carving, cutting and blending and stuffing 200lb. lbs of sausage. All done while washing down a couple of gallons of homemade wine. Me being the new member of the party got to dig in and mix the sausage blend by hand. Right up to my elbows. Had to blend in a little bit of pork so the sausage didn't get too dry. Half would go in the freezer, the other half packed in oil to become cured dry sausage.

Yup!!! Its sausage patty nite for me tonite!!

Sweet!!! That would be awesome TJ. I'm running out of them faster than a bottle of whisky at a moose hunt camp :lol:

Thanks bud.

Joey

That reminds me Joey.I have a zip lock bag of alpaca hair that I forgot to bring to Lakair.PM me your address and I'll mail it to you...or stalk you.

Joe

great report T.J

i wish I had known you were up there or i would have stopped in at the cabin

although after looking at the table i am maybe glad i didn't know

nice buck and bull you guys got

by the way if you ever get up here in the summer that point in the first pic holds tonsof smallies

(at least it did this summer and last)

those wolf tracks are common there on that beach ...we were ice fishing of that pointa couple of winters ago and had six timbers come out on to the ice from near the cabin..one was a beautiful black one

hope to meet up with you next time you come up there

you should come up in the summer and do some pre season scouting

would love to show you and monique the area and enjoy some great fishing

rick

Great, NO EXCELLENT report. I always LOVE the pictures you guys post here. This has to be the #1 report IMHO ! ! !

Now about that .300 Savage. That gun is a Savage Model 99 lever action that is probably worth some nice coin if you didn't know already. I have one in a .243 Win that is in MINT condition. Depending on the condition of that model 99 and it's serial number it could even be a collectors item. Here is a site that can answer all that. Not many guns have there own sites but the Savage Model 99 is a really sought after firearm from the past.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/u...Board/40/page/1

TJ that was a great report! Looks like you fellas know how to have a good time. :thumbsup_anim:

Congrats on the young lads Trophy Buck. I remember being so happy when my son got his first one. Words cannot describe the feeling.

I bet the drive home wasn't quite so bad this year.

Guest steel'n'esox

Great hunt TJ Love the pitctures and smiling faces, and most important the comeraderie this goes with one of our oldest heritages, I fought fires near Fort Frances in an area buy Cuttle lake if thats familial back in 1979 80 regarding the blood and gore it just looks like your average day in the Jane and Finch area

LOL... thanks for all the comments guys/girlz. I wish everyoine could do it... its quite addicting.. all these new hunting posts only remind me its over... boo hoo... (perhaps I can slip up to camp for one last weekend.... hmmmm.....

Awesome report TJ, one of these days I'll get my butt in gear and take a course (I'm thinking of the archery/crossbow one first) but time is what I have very little of nowadays.

Posts like those always get me thinking about it.

Thanks for sharing,

Stan