Sled question

limeyangler

Hi Y'all,

I am in the process of looking to buy a second hand sled, prefeably a 2-up. I have never owned a sled, coming from a country that shuts down with even a light dusting of snow...lol...i saw this ad locally and the seller is asking for a 'best offer'. Any of you good folks familiar with this sled...i think its a 2 -up touring model...is that right....here's the ads details.....what would be a fair price forthis sled...thanks in advance for any advice

Item: 2006 Panther

Details: 2006 Artic Cat Panther 660 four stroke, low miles, mint condition

MUST GO!!!

Asking price: B.O.

From a quick Google search of the model. I would say somewhere around the $6000 mark depending on the mileage.

Keep in mind that is a very heavy 4stroke sled. I've seen where you take your truck and if your planning on taking your sled to the same remote spots you may want something lighter. LOL

Cheers

Craig

Limey,

That's exactly right.It's great on gas but that's all cuz if you get stuck you'll be lookin for a tow truck.I would want a lot more info on it as there are a lot of options out there and much better prospects.I love my cats but a 48 hp four stroke ain't one of them.If it was the turbo model@100hp it might be worth six grand or so.

Really if you want a four stroke two up touring you're better off with the Yamaha Venture.May be a bit more expensive but Yami has done a great job with four stroke sleds.Lots of time to look for the right machine.My 2cents.

Kerry

I don't know anything about sleds, but on a side note I know that if someone puts "must go" or something similar in an ad for anything they have targeted themselves for low offers. My uncle in the states buys used motocycles and fixes them up and he was telling me one time that he specifically targets ads with terms like "must go" or "moving" etc because you know right away that they need to sell the item and will let it go for less when making a deal.

Thanks for the advice guys...really helpful...more to think about now...but has definitely been an education. I have a slight problem though...lol....my budget is only $3500 max! and not much seems to be around for that...oh well only another 3 years to pay off the truck (if it survives me that long...lol).

Limey,

That's exactly right.It's great on gas but that's all cuz if you get stuck you'll be lookin for a tow truck.I would want a lot more info on it as there are a lot of options out there and much better prospects.I love my cats but a 48 hp four stroke ain't one of them.If it was the turbo model@100hp it might be worth six grand or so.

Really if you want a four stroke two up touring you're better off with the Yamaha Venture.May be a bit more expensive but Yami has done a great job with four stroke sleds.Lots of time to look for the right machine.My 2cents.

Kerry

48 Horse Power!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dude if you're lookin' for a four stroke buy a Yamaha!!!

Even their Venture Lite 2 up model has 80 horse power.

4 strokes are heavy and it the more power the better.

I have an '08 Venture GT with 120 HP it's sweeeeeet but $$$$$$$$

If you're looking for a less expensive option I'm sure there are some used Yammies out there.