6 volt alkaline battery

Mattones

Alkaline's are not re-chargeable as far as I know, Ni-Cad's and Lithium Ion's are.

What size are you talking about, AAA, AA, C cell, D cell????

To get to six volts on your trail cam, are we talking 4 batteries???............not just one??????????

Alkaline's are not re-chargeable as far as I know, Ni-Cad's and Lithium Ion's are.

What size are you talking about, AAA, AA, C cell, D cell????

To get to six volts on your trail cam, are we talking 4 batteries???............not just one??????????

There are rechargable alkaline's. I have only seen them in AA & AAA cells. Lantern batteries (which are about 3.5x3.5" square and about about 7" tall) are 6 volts. They are often used for portable fish finders. I have never seen a rechargeable one though.

If you have a 6 volt battery that is the right size. I don't think that it will matter if it's alkaline, NiCad, Lead Acid, or Lithium Ion. Six volts is 6 volts. Actually, my first choice would be Lithium Ion in terms of performance.

I took apart a dead Duracell 6 V lantern battery, and inside I found 6 perfectly good Duracell D cells, it was the cheap foil and cardboard connections at top and bottom which had failed.

I know this isn't relevant, but what the hey.

You can buy rechargeable batteries in stores that sell security clothes, hardhats, goggles, steel toed boots etc. They have 6 and 12 volt rechargeable batteries for emergency lighting systems.

Alkaline batteries are not really rechargeable. Yes, you can put some alkaline batteries in a special charger and recharge them a bit but this must be done before the battery is dead and the fix is temporary.