WET WET WET but HOT SMALLIE ACTION

darsky

Weatherman said 20-40 mm of rain coming in fast and furious-bah,whats a little precip when you have fishing plans right? Got on the water at 9 and nary a drop. Could the WM be wrong?

Started drifting and dragging tubes in 8-12 ft of rocky bottom and only hooking up with small ones. Changed location and depth slightly and on came the fish and ON CAME THE RAIN. Both were non stop for the whole day. My 40.00 Wetskins suit from Crappie Tire was actually holding up better than my partners 560.00 Cabelas Guide Wear suit.He was not too happy about that. Drift and drag gave way to cast and rip as we stayed mainly in hard bottom/weed/rock areas. Not the easiest of fishing style as bites (or that famous smallie tick) can be very hard to detect.But once you are accustomed to it-no problemmos. After about 50-60 smallies later up to 4 lbs and a few pike and walleyes-we called it a wet but successful day.

Edited by darsky

Awesome darsky....awesome....glad you got into the fish....makes the weather an irrelevance....we got rained on too on Friday...but we never really got into the fish.....sounds like great fun. I never had any luck with those cheap wet skins, they always rip...but i got a good jacket(cheap) and a pair of cheaper black waterproof skin trouers, with plenty of give....and i spray them with that waterproofing sparay...the water just beads of it.

Yes yes I gots pics but they are on Buddy's camera..........................to come.

Darren you have to stop teasing us like that post the pics when you report and stop forgetting your camera will ya

Just take your buddies card from his camera right away when you leave the boat.

I want to see the pics soon :whistling: