The Great LSC Skunk!

ccmtcanada

It's been very busy last half of the week for me. After the amazing Solopaddler steelheading trip on Thursday (up at 2:30am), I had to go to work on Friday....up at 530am. Right after work, I came home, packed up the car and Bly and I hit the road to meet up with Slowpoke in London.

We arrived in London at around 9pm...and by 930 we were at Slowpoke's place. We headed out for a snack and a quick drink with his lovely wife. By 11pm, I was nodding off...the lack of sleep had caught up with me. Back to the hotel...and by midnight I was looking forward to a solid...umm...5 hours of sleep....LOL.

We got to Slowpoke's place by 545 the next morning and we set off to LSC. The forecast had been dicey all week long....we were wondering about the high winds and rain....hoping that it would hold off. As luck would have it, we didn't see a drop of rain once we got there....it was a bit windy, but didn't affect our trolling for the day!

Pretty early on, we saw someone fighting a big muskie....after talking later on wit the guy, it measured in at 54 inches! We were hopeful after seeing that. We then saw this familiar guy landing one.....

03muskie.jpg

After thoroughly washing a variety of muskie bait, I decided to snap a few pictures of the surroundings....

We were glad to see the sun as we were launching....

01sun.jpg

Trolling trolling trolling...keep that boat trolling.....

02trolling.jpg

04birdie.jpg

06birdsd.jpg

We saw these ducks floating about...completely oblivious to the hunter that was stalking them....fly ducks fly!!! Fly for your life!!!

05ducks.jpg

Late in the day we did have one of the rods go off....but the muskie got off in short order. Looked like that was our opportunity for the day! We got off the water by 430ish....I actually fell asleep on his boat for about a half hour....LOL. We still had a long way to get home, but Bly and I had a GREAT time visiting and talking with Slowpoke and his wife.

Thanks Slowpoke...we'll have to do that again...always great to share a day on the water with you.

Those duck are decoys!! He might even have a boat hidden in there somewhere too!! Just keep in mind that there are duck hunters around this time of year. Look for the decoys......and give a wide berth.

Thanks for the report Cliff!!

Sinker

Too bad you lucked out on the Musky Cliff.But you and Bly got out and got to experince LSC with Brian.

A bad day on the lake is always better than a good day on the couch wishing you were on the lake.

Brian you are a good man for getting them out there and a Musky would have been a bonus but you cant always have everything. :wallbash:

Dan

Those duck are decoys!! He might even have a boat hidden in there somewhere too!! Just keep in mind that there are duck hunters around this time of year. Look for the decoys......and give a wide berth.

Sinker

Is that why the one he was throwing at the time didn't fly away??? It just landed in the water and sat there.... :lol:

Cliff I once remember you answering one of my threads saying how you don't post skunks .I wouldn't complain if I was you because many of your trips are a success.Now the muskie are not hungry they have been eating wooden ducks :stretcher:

Better luck next time.I am still trying to catch my first ski.Came close last weekend had a little one follow right to the boat but would not bite :wallbash:

Great skunk report and pics Cliff!!! :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: I'm sure a day on the water with Slowpoke is a great day with or without fish!!!

Thanks for taking the time to post that one!!! :clapping:

Sinker Posted Today, 03:14 PM

Sinker

Ya wanna attract Ducks??? Take a loaf-a-bread out with ya!!! Quack Quack!!!

Clamp-it Posted Today, 04:42 PM

LSC = Lake St Clair?

Try to keep up and pay attention son!................. the boy ia about as sharp as a bowling ball I tell ya!

Edited by GCD

Great report Cliff, I felt like I was there! :blink:

One thing you didn't mention that I thought was funny.... As we went past the hunters one of the guys asked if we had any luck to which I replied "No fish but we have seven ducks in the livewell".

Another great outing with you guys and look forward to the next. You behaved marvelously Cliff, next time we'll use hooks.

-Brian

Cliff, it was nice to met you and Bly, and talk to Brian! I wish that 54"er had graced my boat, 2 boats and 2 days of trolling only resulted in this little guy...20 minutes into it on Saturday, I though it was the start of a good weekend, but that was it.

Nice looking 'ski Dax, great spots! I'm sorry to hear that was your only fish for the weekend but at least you got one. Saturday's weather was better than I expected. How was Sunday?

-Brian