Late Summer - Early Fall fishing

Marko

Been out a lot this year and sometimes you dont have a lot to show for, fish here and fish there. Last two months have been like that so I decided to put all the little reports together and make a one half decent one.

First report is from Elmira, I spent some time fishing carp. They seem to get smaller and smaller every year even tho not many people fish this place. HEre are couple of shots of baby carp caught on corn.

DSCI0280.jpg

DSCI0281.jpg

DSCI0285.jpg

DSCI0286.jpg

Catfish usually wont leave my corn alone and it frustrates me a lot. Fishing there used to be much better and i am having hard time finding bigger carp that i am sure are lurking around. It is what it is for now.

Next place that i spent some time is St Marys. LOve fishing there and chase carp and bass in shallow water on light tackle. The best part is you get to see fish hit your bait, adrenaline rushes through you as you set the hook and the fight is on. Couple of bass i got there

DSCI0282.jpg

DSCI0283.jpg

DSCI0284.jpg

They are not very big but are very scrapy and will put up a decent fight for their size.

Next up is salmon fishing. Visited Credit once and Bronte couple of times.

Started fishing Bronte mid-september and was skunked first few times I`ve gone so decided to give Credit a try.

First salmon of the year

DSCI0289.jpg

and the release shot

DSCI0291.jpg

This fish ended up being the only one I caught that day, all in all waded for good couple of km to find some holes to fish where there werent that many people. It can be a crazy place to fish thats for sure.

Next up was Bronte. Waited for good rain and went two days later and the run was on. It was incredible to watch all these brutes making their way upstream. Not sure what i was impressed with more, their sizes or the willingness to swim in 4 inches of water for miles.

Managed to get into 7 or 8 that day and only pulled 3 out, here is a pic of one of them

DSCI0300.jpg and the picture of me fighting one

DSCI0301.jpg

I managed to catch a baby rainbow i think, prety little fish, too bad he wasnt bigger tho

DSCI0287.jpg

About a month ago, my latest trip to bronte, fishing was tough and the fish were scattered all over. It hadnt been raining in over a week and had to work very hard to catch a few. Waded over 5 km and my legs were sore for next few days but it was worth it. Managed to get some more.

Day started early at 5 am, tried chucking spoons off the pier and had no luck, my buddy Trevor struggling in the dark haha

DSCI0298.jpg

Couple of hours later I had my first fish on

DSCI0309.jpg, and me releasing it

DSCI0310.jpg

Managed to get couple of more in random pools

DSCI0311.jpg

DSCI0313.jpg

These fish are still very strong fish and it required running downstream and chasing them down. I am suprised i didnt break my ankles running on those rocks but all in all great fun.

Thats my salmon fishing for this year, might head out one more time.

Went to Ottawa for Thanksgiving at my Gf`s family. I am thinking perfect time to try for some Ottawa smallies.

Woke up at 7 am on saturday and headed out with big hopes as this place has produced big fish for me all summer.

Got there and the water had dropped over a foot and was much much colder then in summer days.

Stayed there for 2 hours and caught only two little fish, certainly dissapointing

DSCI0319.jpg

DSCI0320.jpg

When i came back to my gfs home, my buddy bear was waiting for me

DSCI0322.jpg

Lovely dog follows me everywhere and sleeps in the same bed with me. He starts growling at my gf when she tries to sneak into my bed hahah

Thats all for now

I am still searching for my first rainbow but hopefully its going to come this year

enjoy