Lake Simcoe Area commuters

lookinforwalleye

Not really the info. you are looking for but I have been commuting from Innisfil to Brampton (407 & Airport rd.) for 10 years. 45 mins.-1hr. aslo. Maybe consider moving to the West Side of Simcoe. We have a saying in Innisfil, "flush twice it's a long way to Keswick".

Not really the info. you are looking for but I have been commuting from Innisfil to Brampton (407 & Airport rd.) for 10 years. 45 mins.-1hr. aslo. Maybe consider moving to the West Side of Simcoe. We have a saying in Innisfil, "flush twice it's a long way to Keswick".

:whistling: Gona stir some "pooka" with that one, but it's still pretty funny, probably true too.

Really depends on what time of the day you leave. At 5am when I go, its usually 12 minutes from the river; South on Woodbine to Greenlane/404, then another 12 or so to the 407.

We here in Keswick dont mind getting the 2nd "flush" from Innisfill anyway....if you ask anyone from Innisfill, thier sh!!t dont stink! :jerry:

I use to live in Aurora and worked in Markham for a few years. (2003-2005 9am-5pm) at woodbine & steeles. I'm assuming not much has changed, if anything it's got worse. I've taken both woodbine & 404 many times.

Highway 404 is your best bet to get the furthest south before getting in traffic jam usually between stouffville rd and elgin mills. As you approach stouffville road start looking for the break lights around the bend, if people are breaking immediately get to the far right lane. It will definitely get you an extra KM or so down the road before having to fully stop. Even then it always moves faster than the other lanes as people get off to try alternate routes.

Woodbine is definitely slower, but you get fruther down the road before the jam. It's usually between major mac and 16th ave. To just go from 16th ave to 407 I would expect at least a 30min boring trip. Funniest story is seeing a woman blow drying her hair in the car while driving next to me on woodbine near 16th. Yes.. blow drying her hair......... somehow...

Edited by Governator

I live in Keswick and the drive can ba a hassel in the winter with blowing snow and people driving to the conditions, the 404 to 407 moves good once it turns to 3 lanes going southbound 404, the drive north in the evenings are at times really busy one minute your going 120 the next your doing 80 but it does move well most times, try to be on by 3:30pm, and remember the 404 is being extended to Ravenshoe rd in 2012 I think, good luck oh and if you see a black 06 montecarlo ss in the mirror move over TPH comming through......

Edited by trophypikehunter

Thanks for the response guys, I will be out looking at properties this weekend up in Georgina, we have to decide between the Port Perry area and Simcoe.

We can get a nice waterfront place on Scugog for under 300k and that won`t get you a sniff of a waterfront on Simcoe.

I am thinking the commute from Port Perry to Brampton might be a bit better than the Georgina area to Brampton.