Fish Recipie

So...just made this and it's awesome....

2 Tuna Steaks

Cut up one tomato, one pear, half a cucumber and mix with one can of manderin oranges and mix together in a bowl

marinade the tuna steaks in soy sauce for a few hours and sprinkle on some garlic.

then oil up a small area of a piece of tin foil then place the tuna steak on top. then add the fruit mix. cover up the entire thing with the tin foil and place on the bbq for about 20 minutes....

mmmm it was so good.

if you like the idea of a bit of sweet with your fish, you can make a simular sauce/topping for you favorites using a bit of onion,peppers, mandarine oranges, and banana....saute the onions and peppers together for a couple minutes, add the oranges, heat then at the last minute add the banana, best to use very green banana,most "island" type countries they cook banana and eat it like we would a vegetable...when the fruit is started to turn yellow, they consider it spoiled. Anyways, as the banana starts to soften and the starches come out, it will help naturally thicken your sauce.

As for the tuna steaks, if you marinade them in some soy sauce for a while..try this......coat it with shredded unsweetened coconut..then panfry quickly in hot olive oil..cook to about med-rare to medium....that is the best suggested way to generally serve tuna steaks.

I am not big on this particular recipe because I am pretty picky about fish..lol, but I have served/prepared dishes like this hundreds of times in my younger years of working as a chef....we used to call that one.. "Aruba Tuna"

Edited by jwl