Great day on the BOQ !!!!

fishindevil

Well i left oshawa about 4am down the 401 to picton for my first walleye outing this fall,it was quite cold first thing,but it was a nice sunny day to be on the water,i met up with don & mike from ottawa a.k.a badger shark,and i set up my lines just east of the ferry,well it was a tough morning with just 1 small fish,and thats it,but man i sure was marking fish down deep,40ft plus !!!! and i was putting lures right to them for hours,and no takers,but after seeing bait at that depth several times i stuck to that program,and i knew sooner or later,one of those big hooks on my graph were walleye and that there was got to be one that was hungry !!!so i thought,well after doing tons of lure changes,i knew it wasnt the color,so i just rode it out,and had most of the 3 or so miles of adolphus reach east of the ferry all to myself,so after several hours, Down dips the in-line planner board,and after feeling several head shakes i had a nice fat fall quinte walleye on !!!!so after i landed him,i hooked back up with don & mike above the ferry,and they took a few nice pics of my fish before i released him to grow,and be my next 14lber !!!!...lol..lol.. so all in all it was nice to get down there for the first of many fall trips to the bay,and my back seemed to hold out pretty good,as im feeling a little stiff,but none the worse for wear !!! so im sure there will be lots more fall reports to come, hope you enjoy the picture....cheers shawn

sherysweddingpicsangelinasbirthd-1.jpg

sherysweddingpicsangelinasbirthday0.jpg

here is a picture of don & mike

bayofquinteoct08011.jpg

here is a pic of the ferry crossing in front of me,as you can see it was a very nice morning before the wind came up

bayofquinteoct08004.jpg

Hey Shawn, good to finally meet you! Congrats on the eye, she was a nice fish. We only got the one and it was a resident so not to big. All and all a nice day on the bay which is not that common this time of year. Cant wait till the weekend, we will be there from Friday till Sunday and we will get some! By the way Shawn, my friend who was with me is Eric not Mike but hey maybe I will just start calling him Mike too.

Hopefully see you next weekend.

Don