Big Jim supper

Roy

Last night was the dinner for Big Jim in Ottawa. Last I heard, all the tickets were sold. I really wish I could have been able to make that one. How did it go? There must have been a lot of familiar faces there. It was a super cause and I hope all went perfectly.

It was sold out....

The dinner was good and the auction was very entertaining and tonnes of money was raised. $48,000.00 and counting.

Bob Izumis day on the water went for $5500.00 WOW

Dave Mercer did a fabulous job (nice meeting you Dave) :thumbsup_anim:

The prizes offered would blow your mind :w00t:

Video tributes that were tasteful and about as classy as it gets from all the big names.

Truely the best night you wish you never had to attend.

Big Jim......you are well loved my friend.

Yes it was a great dinner and auction,a few of my freinds from gagnons went to the dinner,as well i have met big jim several times,and even fished right beside him on the ottawa river!!!!...its sad that he has cancer,he is in good spirits,and continuing his cemotherapy but from what me friends said he cant travel very far,but will keep going through his treatment,so i wish him well,and to beat this dam cancer !!!

After getting off the water myself and Mike Lazarus drove to the Big O back and forth for the event

It was a great evening

Big Jim has finished his treatments and looked very good

It will be a few months I suspect before the ups and downs go away

He was most humbled by the presence of many

A well deserved evening for a man who impacted many of us

Was nice seeing guys like John Anderson,Crazy Hook (Jamie pistachio), Lonnie King,Tim Allard ,Dave Mercer ,The entire Shimano crew and my co-pilot Lazbo

A wonderful evening for a special person

A special Congrats to Wally Robins for a wonderful evening in appreciation of the Big Man Big Jim

The immortal one

marc

Edited by marc thorpe

Spent some time with "LARGE" today on the phone - to say he is overwhelmed is an understatement. He is so thankful for the open and sincere well wishes from everyone (I think Cloud 9 is the right expression). He was telling me that after the evening ended, he and Tammy went to the hotel climbed into bed and he managed all of an hours sleep - sat in the chair and stared out at the parking lot for over six hours trying to get a handle on what had taken place. As of today he still hasn't come down and is just as thrilled.

In his ever jovial way he made the point that he hadn't received so many comments containing the word LOVE ever before in his life - is wondering if maybe the hormones are kicking in early LOL.

Seriously though, Jimmy is fighting the good fight and Saturday night affirmed just how much he means to all of us, to the point where he is even more adamant to win this battle.

He doesn't have the energy to visit the websites much of late, so why don't you all reach out - - - - -

I know he would like to hear from everyone and you can reach him at "Big" JIm

Was an awesome night to say the least... :clapping:

I felt honoured to be a part of it, and the memories will definitely stay with me for a long, long time.

Jimmy was the first to publish an article of mine (and put me on the front cover at the same time), and that, not to mention his great friendship, mentoring, and genuine personna, really means something in this day and age.

A BIG thanks to my good friend Wally Robins for putting this all together - you did a stellar job...

Good Fishing,

Justin