Riggin For Steelhead on Lake O Tomorrow HELP!!!

bassmastermike

Just Wondering if the steelies are hittin in lake O still and where abouts i should start!!! Strapped a couple Scotties on my boat headding out tomorrow to do a little riggin for Steelhead does anyone know if there biting or not and where i should give it a shot im in the Hamilton Burlington area!! Thanks in advance> Anyone wanna come along ???BMM

Edited by bassmastermike

Hey Mike,

I would head out to the blue zone from where ever you are launching (300 plus feet of water). They may be down deep so dont be afraid to run your riggers down 100 feet or so. But the may be up high so keep moving around the depths untill you find a pattern that works. Im sure you will run into some teenage salmon as well so maybe a flasher fly combo along with some spoons would be a good choice.

Good luck,

Bowen

I am also thinking of launching my boat for last time this year.I will be launching from Bluffer's Park.So can some1 tell me how far should i go for bows.This will be my first time downrigging.

BTW,if any1 is free tomorrow morning and know about downrigging ,you are welcome to come with me and show me some stuff.let me know.thank you

Hey Mike,

I would head out to the blue zone from where ever you are launching (300 plus feet of water). They may be down deep so dont be afraid to run your riggers down 100 feet or so. But the may be up high so keep moving around the depths untill you find a pattern that works. Im sure you will run into some teenage salmon as well so maybe a flasher fly combo along with some spoons would be a good choice.

Good luck,

Bowen

Guys i am still kind a confuse.Can some1 reply if my understanding is right.Bluezone starts from 300+ft of water.So does it mean on my fish finder when i reach at depth 300ft i start downrigging.and once i reach the 300ft+ depth i let go my downrigger weight 100ft & start trolling.is this what it mean by above quote.let me know.thank you

Edited by New Angler

Yes, the blue zone is real deep water, around 300. I would start downrigging at 200' deep, one downriger down maybe 75, the other at 100' and continue trolling til you hit the deep water(300'). If there's any fish out there, you should be able to see them on the FF. Good luck.

Yes, the blue zone is real deep water, around 300. I would start downrigging at 200' deep, one downriger down maybe 75, the other at 100' and continue trolling til you hit the deep water(300'). If there's any fish out there, you should be able to see them on the FF. Good luck.

Do you think it is good idea to give it a try for guy who is going first time specially this time of year.

Do you think it is good idea to give it a try for guy who is going first time specially this time of year.

Thats going to depend on how comfortable you feel going out that far and what kind of

boat do you have maybe you should leave it till you can go out with someone that

knows what they are doing better safe then sorry