Bucket at the "Berg"

joonmoon

Started out the morning with of course an extra lg @ Timmies and on the pond by 8:30am. The wind was strong and got continually stronger as the morning went on. Fought the wind all the way from the launch to the north end of the lake where we drifted and casted bucktail spinners, looking for any active moving fish. But before too long my buddy Inspector Gadget and I found ourselves blowing at Muskie trolling speeds or better even with the drift sock draggin and catching weeds. The Augustawind was living up to its name, blowing like a sail across the lake. Time to head for some protected waters and glad we did too. As soon as we tucked into a small bay I spotted a mid sized Pike swimming by the boat. And it wasn't about to eat with us near by but it was the first sign of underwater life for the day. I switched to a Riverside Cyclops Sluggo and a 3/0 hook but didn't remove the 12" titanium leader I was using so as not to lose a Pike. We worked the shoreline and the weedline and the deep water with tenacity. Inspector throwing a variety of perch flavoured X-Raps and Rapalas. Finally I toss into semi-submerged brush in 3-4' of water and twitch....twitch...twitch...and my line takes off sideways. I gorkem with lightning reflexs and power. FISH-ON....whoohoo its a beauty. Short fight and my awaiting thumb scoops em up. :w00t:

100_0193.jpg

Its my PB for this year, just over 20" and very close to 5 lbs.

100_0194.jpg

And of course Inspector Gadget thought we looked very similar but I think he was just jealous. B)

100_0195.jpg

Thanks guys, we fished long and hard all morning for that one bite... :whistling: Too bad Gadget didn't get any, but he has had his days to out fish me too. Hey Bro not sure if he's lookin to buy a boat/canoe but I'll ask him, see what he says. Lookin forward to a few more days on the water before packin up the boats and gearing up the huts. B)