Fish O' Mania

addy79

Damn, I don't like fish o mania but I have watched 3 seperate championships (yes 3!) from start to finish. Don't know why but I got caught up in the show somehow.

I don't have much time for Shelly and Courteney or whatever the name of that show is.

I love the PTT though. "Welcome to Boca pass for weeek 3 of the PTTS!!!"

Is Fish-O-Mania the show where 30 or so anglers fish in an Olympic sized swimming pool/pond for carp? I don't have WFN but I saw a show something like that on one of the free previews last year. Wouldn't be my first choice of things to watch but I thought it was OK for the short time I did watch it.

I like watching fishing shows more for their informative aspects rather than pure entertainment. I rarely watch TV fishing shows nowadays. I find most of them rehash the same content season to season or are rarely (if ever) informative from show to show. Never really got into bass or walleye fishing (which most shows are based on) so I don't find them all that interesting to watch - even then I find most hosts rarely try different techniques to catch fish. Example: How many ways can Chronzy catch walleye jigging gulp minnows on a fly-in lake using ultra-lite tackle? The only show that I really looked forward to watching was In-fisherman.

Last couple of years I've really gotten into adventure type movies/shows like the Troutbum diaries and my friends from the UK sent me a DVD of a TV show called Jungle Hooks where the host fishes for Mahseer in India and Arapaima in the Amazon. Also have a number of shows on DVD from Rex Hunt who fishes all across the globe and Matt Hayes who fishes for various species in the UK using a variety of techniques (The Great Rod Race is one of my favourites to watch).

Edited by MJL