Opinions: LUND Classic and Alaskan

krawler

....Not sure if you mean mine GCD?

Anyhow Krawler I bought a new 2006 Lund 1700 Explorer with a 75 / 4 stroke tiller last spring.

It's an incredible stable ride. :) I also went all vinyl.

med_gallery_9_87_58992.jpg

Nope, wasn't talkin' about yours Spiel, but yours is awesome as well. I think it was one of the guys from the Religous Musky fishing group that was there earlier in the week that owned it. It was set up with all the bells and whistles (yeah, it was a console :w00t: ) ;)

Not a Tiller but we picked up the 1775 Classic SS ( Side console) last year.

Very happy with it .

Only complaints is stiching in drivers seat is starting to rip at the seam.

Speedo hasn't worked since day one

and the down trim on the throttle stopped working the week before it went to storage

Hopefully all repaired and fast she's asleep till spring

Smooth stable and dry ride and the 90 hp merc is a perfect match .

Tiller definetly a better fishing set up but we also ski and tube and the windsreen is nice in November

Cosidering we upgraded from a 197? springbok it is quite the improvement

Tinbanger

they are both nice boats, vinyl is deffinately the way to go as weel. Much easier to maintain, and keep keep. Quick spray with a pressure washer and your done. the only suggestion that i have is spend the extra money and put the max rated engine on it, you will not be disappointed.

hey krawler,i just bought a new 1625 classic tiller in the fall,i looked at the alaskan and i just found the classic a nice looking and more comfortable boat,it was a toss up and i went with the classic either way you cant go wrong....i love my LUND.... good luck cheers.oh ya also i got a $ 300.00 gift certificate as well and bought a lund insulated rain suite you can spend it on all sorts of clothes and lund gear...its awsome