Need a family walk w/ trout scouting

hairywater

A couple of weeks ago I took my family and some friends to watch the salmon at the dams on the Humber.

Everyone had a blast and another date was set for this weekend. I enjoyed the walk and the opportunity to scout some waters that I had not fished before.

Does anyone have some suggestions for a enjoyable family walking destination that is near some trout habitat, that I could have a look at. We are all fit and able, my 10 year old daughter is up to a challenge. I've fished the lower reaches of the Humber, Credit, Wilmot and Rouge. Its really more about a walk, than the fish but..... ;)

We would like to get out in the country, but not too far from downtown Toronto say 1/2 to 1hr.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)

Hairywater

here's a pic of how the Whirlpool looks at this time of the year!!

Whirlpool.jpg

This pic is of how we get down there,it usually takes a good 10 min down the stairs but only 2 min this way(not for the very young or old to try)

poolentrance.jpg

It's a beautiful place to see and anyone can make it up and down the stairs no age limit....just be careful when you get to the bottom as it is a very fast current ,if you stay on the trails you won't have nothing to worry about!! just not the trail in the pic above

Have a great time,wherever you decide

cheers

Streamerguy

Edited by Streamerguy

The Ganny is a nice sight ...You could also try the Streetsville dam on the Credit...The Humber with its multiple Dams is still your best bet though.

Remember, there's no fishing within 30m downstream of the wiers..

Some great pools up from Old Mill on the Humber though.. You might just get lucky!

Good luck

HD