GBAY ANNUAL BASSIN AND HUNTIN

snagmaster

A few of my buddies and I go up to Gbay every thankgiving to hunt and fish. The scenery is gorgeous, the fishing is hit or miss and the hunting is toughbut still my favorite place to visit. Got up to Gbay on friday afternoon and setted up for the duck hunt. Not to many dcuks buzzing around probly do to the heat but got a few and my budy nich shot two woodcock. We were planning on grouse hunting on saterday but Woodro and I wanted to check out the fishing first. Checked out an old smallie spot first thing in the morning and hooked into this 36 and a half inch pike....very wide back on her.

IMG_0330.jpg

release shot

IMG_0334.jpg

Continued working the spot and Crazy nick my fishing partner for the weekend picked up a couple 2lb smallies....Woodro and stelooch picked up a couple of smallies too but it was a tough bite tho. On the way back to the lodge for lunch we stopped at woodros Largie spot . I picked up one nice one and woodro got 2 or 3.

IMG_0337.jpg

Got back to the Cabin and had a fiest.We ate Woodros Buck all weekend and boy was it tasty....By the way congrats woodro on your first deer. We were supose to go out for the duck hunt again but I knew nothing would be flying so we went fisihng again...went back to our smallie area...Missed a few nice fish as they werent very active but Crazy Nick picked up a 5.2lber and a 2lber....Thats his new personal best smallie.

IMG_0344.jpg

went back to the cabin and drank our faces off and had a blast. The next day was the tourny between the two boats. we Both went out for smallies first thing in the morn but all we could hook was small pike and i lost one hog....Around !pm I siad to nick we should check out the largie spot but he wanted to stay on the smallie pattern ...big mistake...we headed back to the cabin at 2pm fpr lunch and woodro had 5 nice largies in the well and we had nothing....But it wasnt over yet...weigh in was at dark...we ate like champs again and headed out.....woodro and stelooch took an hour nap because they thought they had it in the bag....we got to the spot and within an hour and a half we hooked 11bass....and they were hogs...I got two 5lbers and one just under in 15 minutes.heres a few of the fish.

my 2 fivers

IMG_0350.jpg

neekos with some fish

IMG_0345.jpg

another hog

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

we caught our limit and figured we had them beat so we headed over to the smallie spot for the evening.....Met back up with woodro after dark at the spot to weigh in and release the fish. We weighed in 22lbs 13ounces and woodro and stelooch weighed in 21lbs 4ounces....that was our best five fish.....they were shocked....got out for a few hours on monday morning and the largies were on again as soon as the heat picked up....Nick and I caught 7 more and i lost one that made my fives look tiny...Must have been 6 or 7 lbs...no joke.

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

a 4lber with some serious teath marks..must have been a big ski

IMG_0363.jpg

was an awesome trip. cant wait to go next year and get that 7lber...lol.....thanks for reading guys and goodluck on the water

Edited by snagmasteral

Awesome big,fat,fall smallies & buckets guys !!!!! :w00t::clapping: looks like you guys had a great time,and georgian bay produced big time !!! nice pics of all those fish,and to think of what size muskie or pike that tried to eat that bass !!! :blink::whistling: congrats on winning the tourney,proof again that hard work pays off !!! cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Great report snagmasteral, It was perfect up on GBay this Thanksgiving weekend, I know cuz I was there.. not fishing though, but doing work to help close up the cottage.. I'm jelous now that I didn't make more of an effort to get out on the water.. looks like you guys caught some big ones! Thanks for posting.

Nice fish!!

That is a big bag of fish.

My buddy won the snowflake bass tournament both days out of Midland on the bay.

He gor 22+lbs on day one and 24+lbs on day 2. His total was 46 and change for 2 days. The bay is on fire. Both smallies and largies. He told me he could have caught 7 limits on the Sunday if he wanted and he said if he one more hour to fish he would have had a 25 pound bag.

I work on Georgian Bay so I know it is a tremendous fishery at times.