NF.... 407 drivers...

jedimaster

i'm guessing tdi. :D

Bingo :) '99.5 Jetta TDI.

I'll also add that after a few mods, it's been dyno'd at 131whp/251ftlbs.. Stock is 90/155.

Makes it a much funner car to drive, lol. I also have almost 500,000km's on it.

And a 1000km's on a tank is nothing, I can get her over 1400km's per tank without to much effort.

Edited by BillM

P.S ... watch out for the OPP.. the avg. speed is 130 - 140 in the fast lane.

+1

Especially at the end by Brock Rd. where the limit drops but the flow keeps up to the 1st lights, this has been one of their FAVOURITE fishing holes. Be especially mindful of the tactic of "pushing", unmarked car rides 1' off your bumper trying to push you faster......then busts you. It's a favourite out that way.

Ugh, those are horrible times to be on any 400 series highway..

I work 7-4 and drive from Barrie > Mississauga. I just miss the traffic.

i guess im the only one that looks forward to traffic? nothing beats getting paid hourly to sleep on the way to or from work :thumbsup_anim:

Well we will see what its like tomorow, Depending on when I get out of the house and what it loks like at brock road I may or may not take it....

Jedi, I have to go to the 401 and Hurontario (area) a few times a month for work from Brooklin (Winchester and Thickson). Today I left at 6:45 (+ a stop at my local Tim's) and I was there at my office by 8:00 am + or - 5 min. 407 to 410 S to 410 W to Hur. as I'm in one of the tall buildings just off the HWY. I hope that gives you some idea. But if you take off after 4 PM to go home you are better off to eat dinner close to work and then get in the car after 6PM to go home. You get home at the same time but at least you get to relax and eat before you go home rather than spend that whole time behind the wheel...

Geoff

Jedi, I have to go to the 401 and Hurontario (area) a few times a month for work from Brooklin (Winchester and Thickson). Today I left at 6:45 (+ a stop at my local Tim's) and I was there at my office by 8:00 am + or - 5 min. 407 to 410 S to 410 W to Hur. as I'm in one of the tall buildings just off the HWY. I hope that gives you some idea. But if you take off after 4 PM to go home you are better off to eat dinner close to work and then get in the car after 6PM to go home. You get home at the same time but at least you get to relax and eat before you go home rather than spend that whole time behind the wheel...

Geoff

I'm sure you meant 410 south to 401 west.

Well It took me an hour and 10 minutes to go from port perry to Burnhamthorpe and 427 via 407/400/401/409/427

I left my place at 6:50 and got there at 8:00am

That seems like pretty good time, I have made the Brampton/Goreskis run and it`s 70 minutes.

The wife and I are thinking of buying a waterfront place near Caesarea and I figure I could do the run in 80 minutes or so, thats a long commute for sure but it`s always been a dream to own a waterfront home.

I couldn't stand that traffic any more so I got the heck outta dodge!!!!!! :lol:

I now have a 10 minute commute during rush hour...............er minute!! :P

I even head home for lunch something I haven't done since the early 80's.

Life is good again.

Since I moved here I no longer have stress..........I think I even have a new hair or two growing in!!!!!! :D

Yellowknife eh? You'll need your hair when it dips to 40 below around Xmas and warms up to -20 c at the end of March. Spent 5 years there....As far as driving goes, remember carrying groceries home and having them freeze on the way, or driving, after warming the vehicle for 20 minutes. If you're new to there, highly recommend all synthetic lube productsl!

Yup, I too did the whole 400 series scene for years. Was glad when I moved to Alberta (Fort Mcmurray) a short while ago thinkin i'd be leavin all that traffic behind. I'm quite confident in saying that this highway 63 is even worse than what i left behind. :asshat:

Grass is always greener on the other side...