Looking to get a case

GBW

Hey all.

Well, the 2nd last time I had my 7' rod in the van it got broken (as some of you may recall from another post) and over the long weekend it almost happened again. So I think to be safe I better get a case that can hold 8 or so rods with reels. I like the one at BPS the BPS caddy but I'm not sure how good it is. Also, BPS is not close to me to make the trip just for that item. Any recommendations for another product like this at that price point? I generally pack 6 rod and reel set up's when I go out too. Thanks.

Geoff

Now that I look at it your right about the sheet thing. The other unit isn't bad but the reviews are also not good when the unit is extended. This is just for me to protect everything from my wife, kids and dog in the van. And going to BPS just for that isn't worth it... Anyone else?

From all the reviews your not going to be happy with a soft case. Why not make a special rack that will hold the rods on the inside roof of the van?

That's an option but the one I found that I thought was good, you had to drill in place. All others that I have found so far cause you to not be able to see out of your rearview mirror...

Yes you either have to drill or have some tabs welded. Fine for me as it's a DIY project.

The only other solution is to buy a bazooka case @ lebaron or make a PVC tubes. I have plans for a wooden case but then again it's DIY.

Yes you either have to drill or have some tabs welded. Fine for me as it's a DIY project.

The only other solution is to buy a bazooka case @ lebaron or make a PVC tubes. I have plans for a wooden case but then again it's DIY.

Is there anyway you can share those plans with me for the wooden case? The van is gone in a year so I would rather not make the mod's to it if that's the case (no punn intended)... Oh and I checked LeBaron's site today and they currently do not have any of the fishing items up as the site is being updated, but thanks. Let me know when you can about the DIY wood case, cheers.

Geoff

Is there anyway you can share those plans with me for the wooden case? The van is gone in a year so I would rather not make the mod's to it if that's the case (no punn intended)... Oh and I checked LeBaron's site today and they currently do not have any of the fishing items up as the site is being updated, but thanks. Let me know when you can about the DIY wood case, cheers.

Geoff

I's a simple case that opens full length but only stores rods. I guess ends could be modified for reels but are you an experienced woodworker?

Have a look at this product at Cabelas...

Boat Buckle® RodBunk Deluxe Rod Carrier

It sounds like it would fit in your mini van...

Good luck

Smitty

Thanks Smitty

I's a simple case that opens full length but only stores rods. I guess ends could be modified for reels but are you an experienced woodworker?

Yes and no Wild. I have made a few blanket & toy boxes so I gather the dimensions chance and type of wood products as well as liner so I can give it a valid try as I have the tools and understanding. Let me know via PM if you want to or here in the open as to what it is you are thinking of. Even if it costs me more to make I'm all for it as it's something I made and would be happy with rather than buy and by disappointed with.

Cheers,

Geoff

Sure this will be a great winter project and anything from a basic case to a really nice one can be made.Even custom storage stands. I have to dig up the plans and convert to CAD either that or start a custom drawing from scratch.