streaking skunk... broken ...fender

tinbanger

Couldn't help it after reading Hurrayliens topic title

Left Barrie at 6 am and on my way into Hillsdale nailed a biggun , skunk that is .Not untill I 'm at the launch in Midland do I realize the critter has put a nice 12" long crack in the drivers side boat trailer fender .

Nice start

Winds started out relativly calm but with high winds predicted ( small vessel warning) I knew I was going to stay close by . Glad I did as the wind and rain came fast .I would guess the gusts were well over the 60 kph mark(85 kph in Barrie) Wildest ride I have had to date , luckily the baot handeled it well and it only lasted about 15 minutes.

Also helped being prepared . checked Marine forecast this morning and planned accordingly.

Wind kept up and I spent the balance of the morning trolling in the harbour area .

No fish .

Apologies to a couple of OFC members ( Kickingfrog ,Gone Fishing) for the last minute change in plans.

Had a 9 hour drive back from the Soo last night ( should be 6 1/2) thanks to traffic mess just north of Barrie.

Pikeie is back at school and back to his new favorite river

Hoping to take a trip up there at months end to smaple the salmon fishing .

TB

Well Tinbanger I know how skunk is this year its been happening just too often my worst year to date :dunno:

Good to hear you got back safely .You bought the right boat I have heard too many times on this board how someone

bought a boat for half the price of a Lund and it is just as good.Well that is where I have to disagree with them.

When the wind picks up and mother nature gets nasty that is when a Lund performs well and gets you home safe.

The Classic model is a great bang for the buck.MTP

Just glad you stuck to the harbour Dave... cause with what went through here around 9am I wouldn't have gone out there with my boat !!! The open "sound" isn't a place for anyone in an open boat some days, and today was one of them. Glad you got in safe.... and it had nothing to do with the boat... it was your smarts to get back in the harbour.

it was a wild one . I was just about at the last marker Buoy before the launch when it let loose .

Over almost as fast as it started. combination car wash , roller coaster

Went out this afternoon for some perch action and now have a nice feed fileted and for the fry pan , couldn't let the skunk beat me.

With Pikeie away at school been getting my younger son practicing loading and unlaoding at the launch . He's good at it but with today's wind he managed to 'clip' the very solid steel wall at the launch in Barrie and do a little customizing of the bracket where the transom meets the side of the boat .Nothing a couple of new ss screws and a bit or persuading won't fix .

Loading was no problem , he put her on like a pro .

Oh yeah also managed to wrap my anchor rope around my prop , that was number 3 and enough for today .

TB