Sign in to follow this  
rob v

Perch for dinner

Like Dan - (see previous post) I hit long point bay this weekend looking for some perch. Started out around EC. The numbers were only okay but the size was poor. Heard a couple of guys talking about perch on bluff's bar so with the great weather I decided to head out there. Glad I did. Had to mover around to find them, but when you got onto a pocket of fish they were pretty good. Took home around 30 (just me fishing) with a couple approaching 14 inches. Great day on the water.

IMG_05361.JPG

IMG_0537.JPG

Craig - The weather was great Friday - so in 20 minutes or so I was there. But you're right - when/if the wind pick up it can be a lot longer. Gotta watch the weather - or hug the shore.

Memart - cleaning is the price you pay. I can have them done, bagged and in the fridge/freezer in a couple of hours. That's why i don't like to keep anything much less than 8 or 9 inches or so. But it's worth it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• Alternative perch baits

With a shortage of shiners on Lake Erie im looking for alternative baits for perch! I hear raw shrimp works as does strips of bacon fat! What about calimari rings cut into minnow sized strips? Anyone ever try these?? All suggestions greatly appreciated!! Thanx

in General Discussion

• Lake Simcoe Summer Perch Report Vlog

https://youtu.be/FJ49j9Zb2eo

in Fishing News

• WABIGOON PIKE, BASS AND PERCH

Hi all,  Walleye is closed here for a couple more days so took the opportunity to head out on my home Lake Wabigoon to search for pike, bass and perch.  Water is still chilly, with the highest surface temp being 54℉.  Bass and Pike are aggressive at the moment, preferring large swimbaits and spinnerbaits over live baits.  Perch are where they should be but bite is slow. A week or so and the crappie should move in which is a bonus, but there are plenty of in season fish biting

in General Discussion

• Simcoe Perch Update vlog: Feat. Jay Siemens!

Hey guys here’s little vlog report on some Perch on lake Simcoe ! 👇 https://youtu.be/2_RtaFdCZ0U

in Fishing News

• 39th Annual Orilia Perch Festival

Thrilled to be asked to be the "Honourary Chairperson" for the 39th Annual Orillia Perch Festival again this year. This event is one of the largest events of its type in Canada and makes for great family fishing fun! Lots of prizes to be won for both adults and kids, there are 72 tagged perch worth $500 each and of course the grand prize of a boat, motor & trailer package. The event started on Sat. April 20th and runs until Sat. May 11th, 2019 entry fee is only $20 for an adult and children

in General Discussion