Fall in the Northwest

danc

I went for a short drive this afternoon to try to capture the fall colors. Usually the leaves are long gone up here by this time, but the lack of a few frosty nights means that the leaves still on the trees and in full color. It was a rather dull and gloomy day here, but you take what the day offers when you leave home with the camera. At least it was warm.

I came across and old boat grave yard of sorts. Three fishing boats that have seen better days were scattered about on the shore of Lake Superior.

McKay7.jpg

Mckay6.jpg

It was a good day for macros. There were lots of colorful plants and no wind to toss them around.

McKay2.jpg

McKay1.jpg

McKay4.jpg

I stumbled upon a very scenic small lake that was pretty much surrounded by cliffs. I'll have to go back there when the sun is out.

Mckay3.jpg

Mckay5.jpg

A tighter crop of the last shot.

McKay9.jpg

Last one for now..

Mckay8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing pics Danc, like Fishindevil said...."postacard perfect". Is that the river that runs along the highway 17? Always wanted to fish it, but usually on the way to medical appointments ...lol. You icefishin' this year....wanna meet half way perhaps sometime? I'm in Dryden.

• 5 weeks later...