Point Au Baril Walleye

JEREMY

I went there for about 25 years, never this late in the season though, September was my favorite month for just the guys to go. Walleye we got tended to be larger than normal? 4 to 6 pounds, with some much bigger, not really a numbers game there, quality.

Caught them on a lot of different lures and live bait, worm harnesses, June bug spinners both tipped with a crawler, 5 to 7 inch floating Rapala`s, perch or silver and black were our favorite colors. Medium diving crankbait, I used Storm wiggle warts but other should work, chrome with a black back. Got my biggest casting a bass style spinnerbait (chartruse and blue) and slow rolling it down a point. 28 inch, buddy got a 31 the same trip.

His came on a 6 -8 inch chub in 20 fow. Mine in about 8 feet across the channel.

They were in places in September were we never saw or hooked one during the summer months, also in the river where we got them all year.

Also got some nice pike in September, 40+ inch fish but it has been years.

Have a friend that went there for years, Silverwood's or something like that. He stopped going there because the walleye fishing really tailed off. However, one of his last trips there he did catch a MONSTER Muskie there that went over 50". But each year is different than the last and we will be interested on how well YOU did.

Good Luck,

Bob

Well lets see,take the basics first like: :canadian:

-worm harnesses & bottom bouncers

-assorted jig heads 1/4oz to 3/4oz ,with some grubs & berkley alive minnows !!!!

-some rapala shad raps & tail dancers

-assorted bucktail jigs [for rippin weedbeds]

-a few mepps black furys & blue fox spinners

thats a great start,you will be able to cover just about all the depths from 5ft to 45ft make sure you have a few different weights in the bouncers like 1/2oz to 2oz,and you will be all !!!! oh ya and good-luck take your camerea and let us know how you made out !!!....cheers hope this will help :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: