Sign in to follow this  
dough_boy_99

Ottawa River Musky

So we fished the Ottawa River today for the first time. Launched at Blair Rd. ramp and went downstream from there. Fished from just before 11 till about 6:30 and caught one musky, 35". First time we've been on the river so we can't complain. The launch wasn't very co-operative though, we ended up getting stuck on the way out and had to call CAA.... Oh well, still a gorgeous day to be out on the water. Fish hit in 13 fow on a perch bait trolled about 10 feet down. Water was about 56 degrees.

MUSKy.jpgMUSKY2.jpg

WTG Mark.... real happy that you decided to fish the Ottawa and that you hooked into a beauti ski :clapping::thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for sharing

Jacques aka Leechman

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• Long-weekend on the Massassaga PP _ Moon River

Fished the Moon on Sunday. Water was highest I've seen in years so extra caution was taken boating around.  Deer flies were out in force, little buggers had an ankle feast.  The fishing was on-fire: between me and my gal we caught about 30 smallmouth between 2-4lbs all through the day, average was around 3lbs albeit no nickles on this trip.  Drop-shotting flukes and slammers was the ticket.  Sometimes you would be reeling one in and there would be one or two smallies following with your hooked u

in General Discussion

• Musky Baits look terrible?

So the other day im fishing with my buddy who likes to collect swimbaits for bass and it occurs to me...Why in the heck are musky fishermen still using such oldschool weird looking baits? For those not aware, there is a big movement in the bass industry especially amognst younger anglers that is simply called the "swimbait movement" Quite literally though, this same movement just does not exist in musky fishing. The oldschool baits, Yes...i get it, they work, Ive caught musky on blades

in General Discussion

• Welland river

So im out this weekend and we've all heard about the high water lvls on the lake, well Welland river at least 3 ft lower bass and pike are almost non existant even old docks that were submerged were visible on surface by a few inches, guys if you have a boat and fish the rivers and creeks be very careful what you've boated passed before might rip a outdrive off now, no one needs to dry dock they're boat for the summer due to major repair. The area most i'm talking about is leaving Niagara area h

in Fishing News

• Musky Jerkbaits for sale.

Musky Jerkbaits for sale. View Advert 3 - 9" weighted Wade's Wobblers,  1- Hell Hound, 1 - 9" weighted Sledge, 1 - Creek Chub crankbait. All in good condition, minimal to no hook rash. $50.00. Advertiser Andy Date 07/02/2019 Price 50.00 CAD Category

in Fishing Tackle and Equipment

• Should I consider the french river?

Hello there, just got back last week from my yearly Canadian trip with my father. We have been going to a location that has good smallmouth fishing but mediocre walleye fishing unless you are able to get into back lakes which we are not able to with my setup. I have an old 17 foot aluminum boat with a 9.9 that goes 15 mph with two people and our gear. It has been remodeled and is a much nicer than what you can rent most places so I bring my own boat. Where we currently go we end up moving around

in General Discussion