Trout, Pike and Muskie report.....

ccmtcanada

Bly and I have been out quite a bit in the past 2 or 3 weeks...mostly at night, but have been skunked on a fairly regular basis....LOL.

I figured I'd put a combo report of the past weeks......

A few weeks ago, we were trying in vain to catch some late Salmon....chucking cleos in hopes of another big one. The only thing hitting that night was this surprise pike!

pike-2.jpg

This past week, after the rains we had on Wednesday, we decided to hit a trib to see if we could coax any early steelhead to hit on Thursday night. Conditions looked good....about 10 inches of visibility, levels slightly elevated. Using roe, I managed to first pull this little guy from the dark waters....

smallsteelie.jpg

Finally....the first decent sized steelhead for me...took me for a bit of a ride....had to get used to using the float rod again!!

steelie.jpg

Fast forward to today. We had the whole day to fish, so we decided to see if there were any other steelhead in the creeks. We arrived at the trib around 830 and started walking...methodically checking every likely spot they'd potentially hide out in. All we could manage were a bunch around this size. Still fun to catch though!

babytrout.jpg

carolebabytrou.jpg

It soon got too HOT out to keep on walking the trib, so we came home around noon, hooked up the boat and headed off to Lake Scugog. The conditions were great out there...no real winds, warm temperatures and hardly any boats out there. We tried casting for muskie for a while with no action whatsoever, so we decided we'd troll around to cover more water.

For the first 3 hours we didn't even have a sniff. Then finally....around 5pm, I feel a nice hit on the troll! I begin to reel and fight the fish, but when it was about 30 feet from the boat I lost it!! Crap!! Carole then noticed that the moon had just poked over the horizon, and remembering what Lew said about moonrise and set...we decided to stay a little while longer.

moonrise.jpg

Wouldn't you know it....about 20 minutes later, I feel another hit! They had suddenly turned on and were chasing baits close to the surface. This was to be the only fish in the boat for the day...a smallish one, but I'll take it any day!!!

cliffmuskie-1.jpg

Off to swim another day!

muskierelease-1.jpg

Well, that pretty much sums up our last 2 or 3 weeks of fishing.....hopefully we can get a few more fall muskies before the season closes!

Yeah yeah yeah! I knew you were full of Catfish bait with all that "We've been gettin' skunked" manure!!! :rolleyes:;):w00t:

Very nice report pics, and fish!!! :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

That's some sho' 'nuff sexy nail polish bly is wearin' in the Pike and baby fish pic!!! :wub:

Good on y'all for gettin' out... now show us the rest of the big fish pics!!! :devil:

Ok so you guys haven't been pulling in the numbers of fish but all these ones are beauties! And it's great to see the youngins too.

hmmm now let's see, we need some walleye, jumbo perch, crappie and a few bass pic from you guys before the snow flies so get to it :D