My New PB Largemouth Bass For Lake Scugog

MCTFisher9120

My Papa an I went up to Lake Scugog today to try for some more off shore bass fishing. The only lure that has caught me fish this fall has been Strike King bass jig tipped with a Yum Chunk, and this was the lure that caught me a nice sized bass today! I would cast this bait out as far as I could using spinning tackle and reel it in as if i was swimming the jig. After 5 minutes of our arrival I hooked into a nice healthy largemouth bass. I have not caught many fish at Lake scugog before and my biggest before the one i caught was a 2.8lb largemouth bass witch was caught earlier in the season on one of my Origional Fishing Snakes. This nice bass weighed 2.15lbs. And for the other hour we spent there i caught nothing lol, here it is:

PicturesEmilyOctober001.jpg

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher

Congrats Mike....you did real good. Thanks for posting that. I used to fish, many years ago just east of the causeway very late at night in a canoe....the old surface baits like the Hula Popper and the Crazy Crawler were killer LM baits. That was maybe 45 years ago...I'm sure it's the same today.

Thanks again for taking the time to post.

Congrats Mike....you did real good. Thanks for posting that. I used to fish, many years ago just east of the causeway very late at night in a canoe....the old surface baits like the Hula Popper and the Crazy Crawler were killer LM baits. That was maybe 45 years ago...I'm sure it's the same today.

Thanks again for taking the time to post.

I have never fished topwater at Scugog during the evening hours. I will be sure to give it a try some time.