October means two things for certain.....

NAC

I made some time at noon today to make my way to the Kitchener City Hall for the kick-off to the 40th K-W Oktoberfest and of course the tapping of the keg, not that I could get close enough to see it all. It was my first time going to the opening ceramony after 20 years of festhallen, so this was something new to me. The sausage and beers were already flyin by noon on the temps creeping over 20C leading into a great looking long weekend!

so enjoy and "Ein Prosit" to all!!!

oh, and check out my fish I caught yesterday on the Maitland...

P1020388.jpg

There's Walter Ostenak in the middle loading up on the accordian and belting out the chicken dance to kick it off.

P1020389.jpg

P1020390.jpg

P1020391.jpg

P1020392.jpg

P1010440.jpg

These two pics are of the same fish.

P1010439.jpg

first fish of the day

P1010438-1.jpg

last fish.

P1010444.jpg

scenery

P1010445.jpg

It was a nice relaxing three hours floating down the Maitland. The water was high, fast and clearing.

I saw a pool with two old boots swimming around and I saw a couple decent steelies in other deeper pools, with me only having bass gear! :huh:

Looks like a some great fall fishing on rivers with extended fall season's!

just came from oktoberfest feelin pretty good right now! what a time.....sorry it was my first fest what a time i might add tho....llllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooottttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttssssssssssssss of ladies who were single and lookin....

Hawk