Essa township permit????

luv2drift

My opinion? If you want to fish that stretch of the Notty pay the fee or go elsewhere.

There's plenty of better areas to fish on the Notty so it's a moot point to me anyway.

I don't belive Essa townships fee will lead to more and more fees imposed upon us in other areas. To me that thinking borders on paranoia.

On a side note I find it personally disturbing that an officer of the law has made such aggressive and flippant remarks.

Roy thanks,

R Obanion nice point....he worked with the MNR

Do you see the MNR down at the NOTTY boning people??? Has anyone had the OPP down there?????

Post your story!

Don't quote me on it, but I do recall someone local mentioning the OPP hd been down there either last fall or the year before when that rule came into effect, whether charges were laid or not, I don't know, I'll ask around.

What im not allowed to start a thread????If it differs than yours attack the job? I knew I shouldn't have stated the occupation. Personally I don't agree with speeding tickets? There was thread on here about that a while ago.

Personally I thought I was sticking up for anglers

and my opinion does differ than yours. I do believe it will lead to more fees.

If you get personally disturbed by those remarks ...well....sorry.lol

On that note my banter is finshed....To all that don't think others will impose fees I hope your right! .... more food for thought to the Essa supporters do you really think the people that are littering and abusing the area are paying the fee? Do you think the guys who register their firearms are doing the crime?

What im not allowed to start a thread????If it differs than yours attack the job? I knew I shouldn't have stated the occupation. Personally I don't agree with speeding tickets? There was thread on here about that a while ago.

Personally I thought I was sticking up for anglers

and my opinion does differ than yours. I do believe it will lead to more fees.

If you get personally disturbed by those remarks ...well....sorry.lol

On that note my banter is finshed....To all that don't think others will impose fees I hope your right! .... more food for thought to the Essa supporters do you really think the people that are littering and abusing the area are paying the fee? Do you think the guys who register their firearms are doing the crime?

You may be 100% correct in your assumption that they can't enforce any fines in that area.

Or you might be wrong.

The point being, is it really worth the hassle? As mentioned there's much better areas to fish on the Notty anyway.

If that bylaw actually did have teeth I'm sure a charge wouldn't reflect well on your record.

here we go....

come on everyone join "bash the cop train"

Let's see how many ones you can come up with that I have not heard.

Hey you wanta pay fees go for it. Do you pay the fee solopaddler. I know you fish there and I have the PM to prove it. lol

Bud, this has got nothing to do with bashing cops.

Do I pay the fee? Yep, although not this year and likely won't.

On that note...I agree!

I guess the real problem is lack of MNR enforcement officers to properly police the waterways? I would love for some legisaltion to allow other anglers to police themselves if the gov't will keep the MNR officers down in numbers and limit them to three tanks of gas in a month.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but don't police officers have all the same powers as a conservation officer?

As an avid angler and a police officer do you do your part when you see someone breaking a fish and game law?

I would certainly hope that you do, and it would be nice if there were more guys like you out there.

Might make up for the deplorable lack of C.O.'s.

it has everything to do with bashing cops. As soon as I said my occupation and I was disputing the fee....the pro Essa people were saying I should be this and I should be that? Give me a break!

It was the way you said it.

In your first post you come across as kind of a hot head. Sorry, but read what you wrote.

That's generally not a great quality to have in your line of work.

Funny you mention that! Most Police officers do not enforce Fish and Game because we are not taught about it. But we can

However this year I will be and if you like because you are a fishing goorue, you are more than welcome to park your vehicle and your buddies in my driveway while you slay the jumbo Perch in Cooks Bay!!!!! so you don't get a parking ticket..... I guess its the County of Simcoe's way of a fee.....but hey no one else is charging fishing access fees..right?

Luv2drift:

Although I both agree with most of your points and also admire your commitment to preserving our rights as outdoorsmen it is your aggressive and defiant attitude that has gotten some fired up here I think and not your opinions (for the most part)!

Also, you're in a special position of protest seeing as when/if a CO or Bylaw guy or even OPP comes looking for your pass and asks you to provide ID you get to pull out that distinctive wallet you carry and flip it open revealing a certain flashy piece of tin which will initiate a friendly conversation between yourself and the person of authority. I mean this in no disrespect as I am very tight with my brother in law who is a P.O. here up north and I also hang out with a couple other boys in blue and I know first hand it's a perk of the job. I on the other hand have to take the fine and if so chose to fight it I am dealing with a colossal pain in the a$$ having to drive back to the municipality it was issued being right or wrong, forfeit a day's pay, incur fuel costs not to mention the value of my time to fight it. If I chose to ignore it...they sell it to a collection agency and they harass me.

It's a crap situation either way. I'll chose to stay away.

Edited by ctdd2006

in the belleville area they just shut it all down with NO PARKING signs,really can't blame em heck ive gotten in tons of almost fights by telling people to pick up there garbage,i carry a garbage bag in the back of the truck and i filled it 3 times last year during the ice fishing season alone.

and ill bet $ they shut er down in many other places too simcoe being one of them,or parking meters

oh crap that may just give them an idea :wallbash: but i bet its coming to a town near you....

Hawgs 2 cents

P.S-its all over garbage and noise folks,people living in the area call and call untill this happens.

Edited by Hawg Hunter

Make friends with your local farmers who's fields are on the river bank :)

Private property, the township couldn't do a thing even if they wanted to.

I still won't be buying that $40 pass, I pay my fees already with the price of the sport license and my taxes. I also do my part in cleaning up the river anytime I go down there (I gotta admit, I haven't found much garbage)

Maybe in my younger days I might have tried to get away without paying the fee, maybe.

Not Anymore.

I'm married now, have 2 young kids who depend and look up to me, mortgage, car payments, stock market crash, headaches and responsibilities ad nauseum.

Why in Gods green earth would I want to put myself in a position where I might be charged with something?

I wouldn't.

It's totally not worth the hassle even if the charge is bogus and can be beaten.