Essa township permit????

luv2drift

I'll never pay that 40 dollars. If fishermen continue to allow this type of double dipping (fishing licence plus a permit) than in twenty years you won't be able to afford to fish anywhere. Every spot you go will cost you cash!!!! By the way Essa doesn't own the river and as long as your toes are dipped into the water they can piss off! It is not tresspassing and the ticket won't hold up in court. Infact, you don't even have to pay a tresspassing ticket. However, I would be weary of them tagging you for a parking ticket!

I don't keep fish from the Notty I always do C and R, I don't litter, I don't damage property and I am respectful where I park.....screw off ESSA!!!!

Navigatable waterways act.

My, my, aren't we in a pizzy mood, I'm sure Essa Twp has researched the legality of the tickets and not send their Bylaw Enforcement people out there just to stir poop. Don't want to pay, go fish in some other puddle. Twenty to forty includes the derby ticket.

I am a police officer and I know the legality of the ticket. They are dead wrong. Hey Fisherman maybe every river and lake in the area should charge a fee would you like that??? Maybe Lake Simcoe could charge you 200 dollars a year and that could go to your $75dollar hole in the ice derby.

If you are set up in a lawn chair on the shore you are fair game for the fee/ ticket. If you are wading you are legally allowed to do that and most of the waterways in Ontario include a substantial buffer from the middle of the river so many metres including the shoreline.

WHat about a fisherman who waded down or upstream fishing from hole to hole over a couple of kms and then some by law said you have to pay to be here.....??? What about a fisherman canoeing??? doesn't make sense to me...and second point I wouldn't want to fish the Great Salmon CULL!

Edited by luv2drift

I am a police officer and I know the legality of the ticket. They are dead wrong. Hey Fisherman maybe every river and lake in the area should charge a fee would you like that??? Maybe Lake Simcoe could charge you 200 dollars a year and that could go to your $75dollar hole in the ice derby.

If you are set up in a lawn chair on the shore you are fair game for the fee/ ticket. If you are wading you are legally allowed to do that and most of the waterways in Ontario include a substantial buffer from the middle of the river so many metres including the shoreline.

WHat about a fisherman who waded down or upstream fishing from hole to hole over a couple of kms and then some by law said you have to pay to be here.....??? What about a fisherman canoeing??? doesn't make sense to me...and second point I wouldn't want to fish the Great Salmon CULL!

Okay, I think the jist of this info is getting some folks the wrong idea. The actual fee is not for fishing but for the cleanup, garbage disposal, river improvemnt, etc in the designated park areas. Yes you can wade in, but I would imagine somewhere along the line people,(not you in particular), "may" have tresspassed to get to the river, ie, hop the fence, tear the fence down, rip off the no tresspassing signs, etc. You can boat up and down the river too, just watch out for the 7 log jams along the way. I'm sure if the swines that have turned the area into a garbage dump had not done so, the atmosphere wouuld be a whole lot more tolerant for the roughly 2 months a year that the salmon/trout run happens. :whistling:

On that note...I agree!

I guess the real problem is lack of MNR enforcement officers to properly police the waterways? I would love for some legisaltion to allow other anglers to police themselves if the gov't will keep the MNR officers down in numbers and limit them to three tanks of gas in a month.

Lol misfish I got rights to that saying but you can use it in a time of need this may include when your wife tells you to do something. :thumbsup_anim:

Well ya know Silvio, there's just more than Anglers that read these posts, namely the Bylaw Enforcemnt people, just love to see them wack your azz in court with a transcript of this thread, and your picture attached. Your marvelous attitude says everything about respect for the others property.

so is the 40 bucks to fish or to be in the area..if people are walking the river drinking their timmies are they ok

but if you fish you pay.........Bull

Seems like your neck of the woods has some apparant problems too with parking in the winter. I know everyone calls B*S on that place too. (Georgina)

Edited by Fisherman

Dude I am joking take it easy I fish maybe a handful of times in this area. This pass is B S and clearly you live in angus making you a resident there for you dont need to pay for this pass. As for Georgina and there parking problems I am happy tickets are issued because when someone goes through the ice and emergency personal can not get to them because some guy parked were the access is and blocked it. Be that guy in the water and tell me how you would feel knowing your chances of survival are less because the stupid dude beside you dry on the ice parked his king cab full size pick up were the access is. Just my 2 cents

Edited by silvio

So when you park in the township's parking lot and then walk to the township's office to buy a permit to be on township land do they also hand you a trespassing ticket? :lol:

Essa will never get any monies from me, I will never fish their streams and therefore not be picking-up any garbage left by others. Lots of other places to fish and do stream clean-ups.

Honour, principle and ethics.

Hey Fisherman,I allow you to fish my city docks dont I? lol

Free parking and all the perch you want.LOL

This ones good for a laugh.LOL

Laugh guys,it,s all Bull.

:thumbsup_anim: Bah humbug, and I'm coming to get some more today, bright and early. And for Silvio, residents are not exempt only the childish and aged, :clapping:

So your saying that if I get charged for tresspassing because I don't have a pass, that it won't stand up in court. I thought that the police were called if you didn't have a pass and you would be charged. Why would they charge you if it isn't legit? I'm not trying to stirr things up ,just want to know the fact's in case I get myself in this situation!!!

Thanks Scooter

I am telling you right now that there is no way that you can be found guilty of tresspassing there!!!!

They can put inplace all their stupid by laws they want! They don't own the river!!! I pay for an ontario fishing licence!In Ontario you are allowed to wade and canoe and use water ways!

There fore 40 dollars for garbage pick up ...I dont' think so. THe authorities know this they are just testing the water so to speak. A tresspass ticket is 50 bucks plus tax comes to 65.

I will find out the just of this " who owns the shore" my friend is a realistate lawyer. I will report back on Tuesday with this info.

I have heard that the OPP were called down to IVY and did not charge anyone with the offence????

I am telling you right now that there is no way that you can be found guilty of tresspassing there!!!!

They can put inplace all their stupid by laws they want! They don't own the river!!! I pay for an ontario fishing licence!In Ontario you are allowed to wade and canoe and use water ways!

There fore 40 dollars for garbage pick up ...I dont' think so. THe authorities know this they are just testing the water so to speak. A tresspass ticket is 50 bucks plus tax comes to 65.

I will find out the just of this " who owns the shore" my friend is a realistate lawyer. I will report back on Tuesday with this info.

I have heard that the OPP were called down to IVY and did not charge anyone with the offence????

Well.... I would expect an officer (you) to follow the law.. even if he or she does not agree with it... how many times have the police asked fishermen to leave certain shore spots? TONS! think of Bronte harbour.. while technically they are not in violation of the FEDERAL waterway act.. they would rather just end the situation as easily as possible, besides municipalities enact their own bylaws in regards to their shorelines.. this does not mean they trump Federal statutes however...

I would expect alot more from an officer of the peace to be quite frank. What other laws do you feel like breaking today? Speeding, robbery, Assault?

No wonder many folks look at officers with disdain.

PS... it is Real Estate and Trespass.

G.

Edited by Gerritt