Trout fishing near Picton?

ScarSnake

I gotta spend the long weekend with the wife's family on a farmhouse near Picton (specifically near Cherry Valley). Which means I need a good excuse to get out and do some fishing. Something along the lines of "But honey, some one told me about this awesome stream!"

Can anyone say if there are any decent trout streams around Picton? PM me if you'd rather not name them openly.

Thanks a bunch

There is a tiny amount of trout that wander in some streams in the county.... in the spring. Your faint hope clause would be stream mouths at this point in time, or better yet....take the wild card and fish the docks at Picton during the evening (walleye and a slim chance at trout). It is largely temperature dependent with you wasting your time if the temperature is too warm. The closest stream to note (and is worth a shot) would be Cold Creek near Brighton. I am not sure if it would be open.

I choose to not name names given that this is too small a fishery. Look around at the soil and look for sandy soil,hills and forest. If there is to much limestone and the temperature is warm, you are off track. It is regarded as too small to be of any significance.

Oh, and you could also try the Napanee River (20 miles from Picton) at Springside Park. It might be your best shot.

outdoorguy61

Edited by outdoorguy61