lcd projection tv question

bow slayer

hope you bought the extended warrenty. I had the exact thing happen on my 50 inch hitachi like 3 months ago. Call your warrenty people and have them give you a name of a repair shop they deal with. Our's would have cost over $1200 to fix. Got a brand new 50" LG plasma for a replacement. It is a defect in your LCD screen. Let me know if you need more help. May even be worth your time to drive down to Niagara falls and come fishing down here for the day and take your tv into the same repair shop I sent mine to.

Hey U.B.! I just bought a Panasonic 46 inch Viera and it has a suggested 30 year life span on the plasma, equaled to 8 hours of viewing per day, for the next 30 years!

I believe that some strides have been made recently with regard to these "modern" screens, however I would have much rather purchased a good old tube TV instead, but could not find one!!!!!

HH

Buy those use HD CRT TV that others are trying to get rid off, they are amazing and no need any maintenance, except somewhat bulky, but they are so inexpensive to buy a used one and colors are as good as the new HD. Unless one buys the newly develop HD LCD TV sold this year, any HD made last years are not too good, and many consumers complain. forget aboout DLP or plasma TV, no comparison to HD LCD or older CRT HD TV.

HD CRT TV can last for years and sold for $2000+, the TV industry wants us to changed, they started this flat screen marketing campign, cheaper for them to mass produce /ship and needs to be replace in certain years, and maintenance cost to replace the bulb and keep some electronic appliance personel working.

I bought a 47 inch Panasonic HD CRT last year for $600 from someone that hopefully can last for another 15 years, I live in a condo and have at least 12-15 foot space to view normal broadcast clearly, for that size TV. most people have even bigger space in their home so buying a CRT HD is not really an issue. One cannot even buy a new 46" HD LCD for that size today at that price, must cost at least $1500, and bulbd needs to be replace after 3 years of normal usage. Samsung 42 inch still sells close to a $1000 . 42 inch HD TV is actually very small. The height is almost similar to your older 32 inch crt TV. Without HD, every images is somewhat stretched or distorted.

Edited by bassfighter