Hey Misfish...I thought..

irishfield

Not very often you see them walk in line, usually if 93 birds cross a grain field there will be 93 paths accross the field.

If you shoot a half dozen of them in the head they'll learn not to come back for a while, I sometimes have to take out a few to keep them out of the sweet corn.

I was takin pics thru the back window as they ran away so didn't get a good look. Don't think there were any Toms in with the 32 today. Maybe one. There's usually about 7 Toms out with the Ladies. Those birds are a LOT bigger in person than they look in those shots. I bet they each go 15 to 20 lbs.

I wonder with the climate warming up if they will eventually make their way up in this territory. Not sure what they taste like yet but i bet they would be great done up in the deep fryer. :D Maybe bag one or two up there Irish and bring it to Lakair. :lol:

Guess what, there are wild turkey seminars going to be held up here in Thunder Bay, and we ain't got no turkeys here, other than the usual 2 footed types, but who knows with the weather now. Heard reports of people pheasant hunting(not sure its legal) down south of us toward the minnesota border.

Only pheasants I have seen have been in the minneapolis area, but who knows, some people buy them and breed them, some escape. Some people up here have a small herd of Hart Deer!!!!!! Why, who knows.

They occasionally escape, and make the news.

Guess what, there are wild turkey seminars going to be held up here in Thunder Bay, and we ain't got no turkeys here

Better have a closer look Tom. They're here, but in small numbers. I haven't seen any personally, but I know several people that have.