Where are all the big fish"I'll tell you" L.O..L.

Reel Trouble

They are all in Lake Wahnapitae , This lake is only 25 minutes East of Sudbury, I have been fishing 21 years has never failed me

I catch and release 90% of my fish 10 % goes to the dinner plate(nice to have freshly caught fish for supper)

Here are a few shots of my 2008 season (these were all released)

arlt10.jpg

arlt2.jpg

arlt6.jpg

Edited by Reel Trouble

nice! My buddy went to a lodge up there a couple times...he doesn't take advice well though, so not listening to the lodge owner's advice had him missing out on the sort of stuff you've showed us. Speaking of ice-fishing...is it a busy lake in the winter?

nice! My buddy went to a lodge up there a couple times...he doesn't take advice well though, so not listening to the lodge owner's advice had him missing out on the sort of stuff you've showed us. Speaking of ice-fishing...is it a busy lake in the winter?

I thought only the beer store was busy in the winter.

hahaha saweeeeeet - I fished the crap out of that lake growing up. My uncle had a cottage on the lake which eventually turned into his house and I spent nearly every weekend there as a kid. Man I miss fishing that deep cold, rocky lake. Some AWESOME smallie fishing in there if you know where and how to get'em..... It's actually the only lake I ever ice-fished growing up as a kid. We used to get eater lakers through the ice in 100+ FOW and by the time you got them to the surface they were bloated and dead as a door knob. Got some big ling through the ice to.

fond memoirs man..... thanks for the pix

Nice fish. I lived in Garson from 1973 to 1981. Graduated from GFSS in 1980. We used to go to the north river feeding into Wahnapitae in the spring for walleye. I used to like to fish the kettle lakes near skead and the airport area for brookies. I heard Ramsay is actually not a bad fishery now too even tho its right n the city.