Question of ethics or stupidity? (NF)

Gerritt

1. Do y'all REALLY need the meat that badly???... as long as they keep sellin' Black Angus Beef steak at the grocery store, I'm good!

2. The more idiots off the water and in the Deer/Moose woods... means more fish for me!!! :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

3. Hope y'all are BEHIND this guy!!!

4. When your huntin' Bubba shoots ya between the eyes... don't come runnin' to me! :wallbash:

I quit hunting 35 yrs ago when a couple of my friends asked me if I wanted to go hunting with them, I declined because something didn't feel right. When they returned later that afternoon, one had been shot by the other...

... then there was the carpenter foreman I worked with that fell out of his tree stand and was permantly paralyzed from the waist down!

Y'all have fun out there now... ya heah!!! <_<

MEAT IS MURDER.

Puleeeeeeeeease!

However;

Well it looks that way if you're stupid enough to cram it down someones eyes on a highway instead of a clearing/ or field/ or butchers.

what do you expect?

Discretion is the sign of intelligence.

Ignorance and disrespect for the animal was displayed.

Morons in my opinion.

1. Do y'all REALLY need the meat that badly???... as long as they keep sellin' Black Angus Beef steak at the grocery store, I'm good!

2. The more idiots off the water and in the Deer/Moose woods... means more fish for me!!! :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

3. Hope y'all are BEHIND this guy!!!

4. When your huntin' Bubba shoots ya between the eyes... don't come runnin' to me! :wallbash:

I quit hunting 35 yrs ago when a couple of my friends asked me if I wanted to go hunting with them, I declined because something didn't feel right. When they returned later that afternoon, one had been shot by the other...

... then there was the carpenter foreman I worked with that fell out of his tree stand and was permantly paralyzed from the waist down!

Y'all have fun out there now... ya heah!!! <_<

MANY more people drown while fishing than being shot while hunting so I guess you better play it safe, sell that boat and take up Bingo with the old ladies LOL :)

Hey, I'm an ex-bowhunter & would suggest y'all remember the "anti's" are always looking for ways to ruin Hunting for all of us.

Some folks love to walk through the autumn woods just for the communion with Mother Nature's glory. Now imagine walking an old logging road with your wife & daughter when suddenly ya hear gunfire as some Grouse Hunter blasts away at a flushed bird. That's the end of that Family outing isn't it.....

Hunters don't OWN the woods or the life in it.

We all have to SHARE the outdoors & understand the others stance too. Happy hunting. :canadian:

I hope for the family's sake that each one of them is wearing regulation orange!! And not a fur coat with a white hat.

MANY more people drown while fishing than being shot while hunting so I guess you better play it safe, sell that boat and take up Bingo with the old ladies LOL :)

I'd like to see those statistics Willum, I'm sure pleasure boating and PWC deaths are mixed in with the fishermen.

Edited by GCD

as an avid hunter all my life i read this post in its entirety and feel no need to add any comments on the subject,

but as its a "fishing" board i didn't want to start up a new thread so heres a question for the hunters out there,

i was grouse hunting this week near timmins when i met 3 men in a trail from the kitchener area, after awhile one man asked me "when do you have to wear orange?" i said "pretty much anytime your gun hunting unless bear hunting in which you can remove the orange in your stand, other than that only bowhunters in a bowhunting only season can wear no orange" and he said i was wrong and that you dont have to wear orange while small game hunting, unless during big game seasons, so i checked the regulation book and thats what it mentions,

is he right? just wondering, even if he is i will continue to wear it, it common sense, if someone can find the rule in the book could you please post a page #

btw we were all wearing orange, these men said they put on orange to be safe after they saw other hunters wearing it, and when they hunt near home they dont wear orange

remember walleyejigger, that although common sense is common, its not common is many people.

always good practice to wear hunter orange. as mentioned by you, the only time i dont not where it is when i am bow hunting in a bow only season. even still i will where it to where i will park my :asshat:

Here is the regs about hunters orange

Hunter Orange

The objective of the hunter orange regulation is to maximize

hunter safety without negatively impacting hunting success.

Under this regulation, all licensed hunters, including

bow hunters, hunting during the gun season for deer and

moose, are required to wear hunter orange. As well, all

black bear hunters hunting during the black bear season are

required to wear hunter orange except when in a tree stand.

(This exception is in place because, unlike deer and moose,

black bears have colour vision.) Waterfowl hunters, spring

wild turkey hunters and bow hunters in bows-only seasons,

where there are no concurrent deer or moose gun seasons,

are exempt from the hunter orange requirement.

A hunter orange garment and head cover must be worn. The

hunter orange garment must cover a minimum of 2,580

square cm (400 square inches) above the waist and be visible

from all sides. Open mesh or camouflage hunter orange must

not be part of the 2,580 square cm. A hunting coat or vest

generally meets this requirement. The hunter orange head

cover may have: open mesh; a peak or brim colour other than

hunter orange; a crest or logo which does not completely

cover the hunter orange on the side where it is affixed. The

head cover may not contain camouflage material.

Hunter orange colour standards are generally consistent

across North America. Manufacturers can provide information

regarding clothing compliance with this standard.

unknown.jpg

Ah that pic fits my pop to a "T" HAHAHAHAHAHA

Tiz the time to harvest and enjoy.

What ever one thinks about it.

Hunting is our right, and I have no issues with anyone showing off thier harvest on thier way home.

Who in thier right mind would cover up thier game with a TARP. :wallbash::wallbash:

Glen,you ol salty dawg,go sit in the chair in the corner.LOL :canadian:

I agree that we should not be ashamed of hunting and our hunting heritage. We should be proud to be hunters and fisherman for that matter. I work in downtown TO and have these discussuions defending hunters all the time. If we respect our harvests and don't waste an ounce of meat than we should be proud of our actions. Yes there are idiots in every hobby/sport, these bad apples in hunting unfortunately lead to deaths or injuries. In fishing it migh be a lure in the head, or watching the idiot snaggers. As outdoors people, be proud of your actions and show them off if you are comfortable about it. Any sensible conversation on hunting is exposure and thus good for the sport.

The fishing community should realize that they are in the same boat as hunters. If we allow hunting/gun previleges to be taken away, the next target will be fisherman. A lot of fisherman practice C & R and thus can state that they are not killing like hunters. But the next step then is the antis going after all fisherman asking - why hurt those poor fish?, would you like a hook in you mouth? Poor fish, your holding it out of the water while it suffers, all for a picture? etc etc.

Be proud of your hobby/sport whether hunting or fishing. Share the reasons why you do it with as many people as you can and our sports will remain and grow. Thus not having to feel ashamed for what we love doing.

There are many businesses around here that shut down for a week or two during the hunting season. It's a way of life here. And many resent those that try to change it on us. There are still many people around here that depend on hunting to provide meat for their family's. The way of life here is much different from urban areas. We don't have the population here to overcome the many anti voices from the many in the large populations. And as far as having representation our local MP's have to tow the party lines and are essentially gagged. So what is the solution? I wish I had an answer that all would agree on.

We don't agree with gun registry because it is a waste of taxpayers money. Anyone who wants an unregisterd gun can get one. Handguns were controlled many a year ago and it didn't control a thing then either.

Yup!... they're such violent blood thirsty critters yanno!!! :rolleyes:

Hunt a wild hog with a sheath knife... now there's a sport you can brag about!!!

Well it was a "Boar Spear" not a knife, but I've done it. :thumbsup_anim:

• 2 weeks later...

In my view, the reasons that blaze orange isn't required for smallgame hunting is partially because while walking around in such a conspicuous manner, others, say, who might be driving by, may call the OPP or Regional police due to their lack of knowledge and/or anti sentiment. I've had em get the police there and the police haven't a clue about hunting laws and I have to show them the regs so they can address the caller's complaint that I was trying to kill an Endangered Species.......... Canada geese! A big waste of time and resources to have the cops bugged like that.

Also, from hunter training which we have as mandatory here Dawg, smallgame hunters are qualified and trusted to determine when and where it is best to wear their blaze orange. I wear it when hunting in groups for smallgame , but not when I'm walking fencerows where passers-by can easily get on their celphones and make loopy accusations to get police involved.

So in a sense, to help avoid harrassment of hunters, hunter safety had to be reduced a tad to allow hunters a bit of privacy and to try and minimize the number of idiotic calls police agencies receive.

"hiding" your kill seems to be more of an admission of guilt. Why would one have to feel guilty about hunting?

There's a difference between air-drying your kill, and slamming a moose head on your hood like an idiot.