Question of ethics or stupidity? (NF)

Gerritt

I read about HALF of the responses and seen ENOUGH. Why do we have to justify EVERYTHING we do as hunters or fishermen. We have been living this lifestyle for about a hundred years at least my family has, BUT now because the LIBERALS don't approve it's wrong.

Why is it that the same LIBERALS accept the SAME practices that the so called Native American's do as OK but when I or you do it it's not OK. Someone PLEASE explain this to me. How is it that they can hunt and fish in ANY SEASON or OUT of SEASON using any method it's OK but when we do it in VERY restricted fashion it's not acceptable.

SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME ! ! !

I read about HALF of the responses and seen ENOUGH. Why do we have to justify EVERYTHING we do as hunters or fishermen. We have been living this lifestyle for about a hundred years at least my family has, BUT now because the LIBERALS don't approve it's wrong.

Why is it that the same LIBERALS accept the SAME practices that the so called Native American's do as OK but when I or you do it it's not OK. Someone PLEASE explain this to me. How is it that they can hunt and fish in ANY SEASON or OUT of SEASON using any method it's OK but when we do it in VERY restricted fashion it's not acceptable.

It's because of your Alabaster skin doncha yanno! :rolleyes:

... mix me one of those Black Ruskies whilst you ponder yer answer Bern! :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by Spiel

to each his own, but....... i'll be danged if i apologize for something that is done perfectly legal. im not so sure that we in the u.s. are not headed back towards the depression days. some of these anti's may jump ship when there is no more tofu left at the grocery and there family is starving. now im not saying rub it in everyones face, but i dont think me taking a whitetail legal and humanely is something to be ashamed of either. will i go all over town to show it off no, but i will check it as required by law and will use every bit of it for table fare or jerky. my children love eating venison as do i. if i get a monster buck so be it, if i kill a small buck or doe, rest assured it will be used completely. how many of you always clean your plate at dinner. that is the way i was brought up, eat as much as you want, but dont waste.

I just dont think covering your kill should be a priority, as a hunter you have payed well to the govt in tags etc.... to harvest an animal. how much dignity is there in covering a big bull like you have done something wrong. i say show it off and people should respect the animal that is going to help feed a family or two this winter. i agree that by hiding it you are somewhat admitting that you have done something wrong. all of our fore fathers survived this way and will continue to do so for eternity.

the world is in trouble when people are to feel ashamed for doing what is right and legal.

jason

Theres a fine line between all of this....

I'm all for showing respect to others including my Harvest/Trophy.

So I'm not one for displaying a head on my vehicle thats a bit "overkill"(pun totaly intended)

That would go under imature and a bit childish in my files but...

Would I tarp my Kill?

Nope, air chilling that meat is the next best for transportation outside of a refridgerated trailer.

And besides that...

As its been mentioned I've done nothing wrong, and I shouldn't need to Hide anything associated with Hunting.

sweeping things under the rug or putting in 'under the radar' just moves thigns further and further fom the mainstream and into the fringe. what are we protecting people from anyway?

By "hiding" we're actualy making ourselves, and our trade more obscure, misunderstood, and more likely to be done away with.

Hey, I'm an ex-bowhunter & would suggest y'all remember the "anti's" are always looking for ways to ruin Hunting for all of us.

Some folks love to walk through the autumn woods just for the communion with Mother Nature's glory. Now imagine walking an old logging road with your wife & daughter when suddenly ya hear gunfire as some Grouse Hunter blasts away at a flushed bird. That's the end of that Family outing isn't it.....

Hunters don't OWN the woods or the life in it.

We all have to SHARE the outdoors & understand the others stance too. Happy hunting. :canadian:

Edited by danbo

i beg to differ danbo, i own 200 acres of woods and pasture and if said family is walking through they are tresspassing and i would be happy to explain what i am doing on my land. :whistling: and would love to hear why they are there.

jason

i know what your saying bud, but the hunter also has as much right to be there as the family thats walking through. a responsible hunter which i hope at least all of us on here are will know whats in his or her surroundings before letting the lead fly.

why are you and ex-bow hunter? the more i do it the more addicted i get. just curious

jason

Excellent point, I must say. While I was up moose hunting a few weeks ago, there's a place where there is a logging road and there is to be no motorized vehicles used at all. The hunters at the camp a few miles down the river were up near this place, walking and they saw 6 natives with pickup trucks (6) coming out of this road. They stopped, and every truck had a bull in the back. A short while later, the MNR came by and spoke to them after the natives had gone. The MNR passed them on this road and did nothing. The hunters asked the MNR why they didn't stop and question them and they said to them, "It's out of our hands, there's nothing we can do". 6 men, 6 bulls, no tags, no rules.

I was still happy to end up coming out of that area with my first yearling bull weighing 900 pounds. What a rush.

However....coming out of that area and looking forward to an 18 hour drive home...on the dirt roads we HAD to put the tarp over the bull and the bear because of the dust...but because the weather changed and it went from 3 degrees to 18 degrees, we had no choice but to take the tarps off to expose the harvest and keep them cool. Do I feel bad that someone didn't like seeing the moose and bear? Not at all, because it wasn't about gloating, it was about trying to keep the meat cool. Now the cutting the head off and displaying it on the roof, etc...that's something that I wouldn't do, but I do understand the excitement and the need to want to show people what you have accomplished.

Here it is:

027.jpg

Atta boy..looks awful warm there..hope ya got the meat packed quick.

It was warm...first two days were cold...then the weather changed big time. Had to head out early....just picked up the meat today...1260 bucks...but we got lotsa pepperettes and salami :thumbsup_anim: