MY NEW RIDE!!! WOOHOOOOOO - and a daddy / daughter outing...

Congrats on the new ride!!! Sweet boat my friend. Great report as always.

1 - first time homeowner, the the boat will be in my garage which is located below my living room. Is it ok to have the gas tank, 1/2 filled with gas inside my garage, or should I find a different place to store it? I'm thinkin fumes?

As others have said, if the fumes are a problem, I'd store it in a shed away from the house.

2 - How the heck to I fasten my Humminbird transducer to the back of my boat.....I'm thinking use marine adhesive of some sort?

I've got mine screwed to the transom with some marine silicone to prevent any leakage. After 6 years, no problems. If its a portable unit, I'd mount the transducer to a board, piece of plastic (cutting board is a good idea) or metal and just use a clamp to hold the board in place as stated before.

The best advice I can give you is to just get out there and use it! :Gonefishing:

Thanks for the report.

Congrats on the new ride!!! Sweet boat my friend. Great report as always.

As others have said, if the fumes are a problem, I'd store it in a shed away from the house.

I've got mine screwed to the transom with some marine silicone to prevent any leakage. After 6 years, no problems. If its a portable unit, I'd mount the transducer to a board, piece of plastic (cutting board is a good idea) or metal and just use a clamp to hold the board in place as stated before.

The best advice I can give you is to just get out there and use it! :Gonefishing:

Thanks for the report.

Thanks buddy!!!!

You can barely smell fumes in the garage when you're standing in it, and i don't have a tool shed, but I might take my father-in-law up on his offer to let me put the gas tank in his barn next door.

And as for the transducer, it's permanent (got me a 597c GPS combo). I was just a little unsure about drilling holes and putting screws into the bottom of the transom on my bran new boat! :blink: I've got some 3M 5200 marine sealent here in the garage...that should do the trick eh Will? and if it leaks you'll fix it? lol :thumbsup_anim:

So So So Cute memories forever amd ever. Now all you need is a front mount trolling motor and your set hehe

the bow mount is in the works..... just don't tell my wife! :whistling:

Awesome Ryan,

I love to see how your little girl is growing.

Gabriel is 2 1/2 now and a big guy.

He has a Superman rod but I don't think hooks are in the future till 4!!!!!

adios,

:thumbsup_anim:

Thanks budd,

2 1/2 eh? Averie's going to be 2 in a couple weeks.... perhaps we should have them betrothed...get the marriage over with when they're young then we'll retire early and fish away our "golden years" haha

cheers,

Ryan

Thanks budd,

2 1/2 eh? Averie's going to be 2 in a couple weeks.... perhaps we should have them betrothed...get the marriage over with when they're young then we'll retire early and fish away our "golden years" haha

cheers,

Ryan

I'm sooooo in!

I think they should support us when they turn 14.

or earlier if they can afford it!

I've got some 3M 5200 marine sealent here in the garage...that should do the trick eh Will? and if it leaks you'll fix it? lol :thumbsup_anim:

the bow mount is in the works..... just don't tell my wife! :whistling:

That's the same sealent that I used, you should be fine. If not I'll fix it in exchange for some time on the water with ya. ;)

As for the bow mount, what bow mount??? :whistling: