BOQ Mon,6th

b2kptbo

Hooked up with Jose (AILE GOBY) for the day, we met up at 7:00 in Belleville and headed to the launch at Point Anne but the water is low and was not able to get the boat in, so off to a launch in Belleville. On the water by 8:00 and started a troll from the launch to warm the motor (was a mite chilly), after about 1/2hr we motored up and headed east. Trolled into a area that had been good in the past and started marking fish, I hit a Perch, was a slight breeze so we started jigging and getting some good hits, Jose caught a real nice Perch but the wind picked up so we started to drift with harnesses. Figured we'ed troll around and drift back over the area only the water turned to rollers with white caps and was getting pushed around pretty good so headed closer to shore, it was a bit better. Tried jigging in some 6 - 10 FOW but was still too hard to hold the spot with the electric so contiued trolling. Around 1:30 the wind died and it calmed down but wasn't marking any fish, tried a back bay for Bass and Pike but nota there aswell so we head back to the launch at 3:00, a few boats were coming off the water while we were getting the boat together but didn't see any smiling faces.

2007_1006Image0002.jpg

Jose and his Perch.

AILE GOBY did catch a Goby to which he took his scissors and surgically removed it's wittle head.

Jose it was nice to meet you and enjoyed our day of fishing, we will have to do it again someplace, sometime down the road.

Thanks, Bill...

Edited by b2kptbo

Any time Bill it was great meeting another OFNer for a day out on the water.

Yes this Goby did kill another Goby :o.

Don't forget to eat everything that you kill!!! :w00t:

That's looks and sounds exactly like my last trip to the BOG, as a matter of fact... that may be the same fish I caught! :rolleyes:

Real nice report and pic Bill! :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

I have been fishing that area for the last couple weeks and have had a real hard time getting anything to bite. If I work hard enough I will always get a few LM Bass. Have not been able to catch Pickeral,Pike or SM Bass recently. I am starting to become very discouraged.. hehehe