Need video help.

pameladallaire

HELP...I want to start by making a video of still pics with music to show a painting work in progress. I'll eventually want to make a moving video with sound.

How do I do the still pic version myself to upload to the internet and what do I need to buy to make the moving vid with sound?

Pam

If you are using Windows XP on your computer, it comes with software to do that called Windows Movie Maker. It will work quite fine for basic video, pitures and music... Click on Start, All Programs, Accessories and then the Windows Movie Maker. My wife used it a couple of years ago to make DVD's of pictures, short movie clips and sound to give out as part of Xmas gifts for the family. If she can use it, anyone can use it.

Corey

You will need video editing software. I use Adobe Premiere however it is a commercial product and not cheap. There are some free or inexpensive options, neither of which do I know anything about. :) Editing the video is fairly simple and you can insert stills, music, transition effects (fades), etc.

Most digital cameras these days have a limited video mode. You copy the video from camera to PC and edit away.

Much like the old OFC picture gallery, sites like youtube.com, zippyvideos.com, etc allow you to upload and host your videos on the interweb.

Here's a video I put together a while back that should give ya an idea of what you can do.