They do catch some

Bernie

Yes it is good to see Wayne. No sympathy from me.

Was on my way out to the cottage last week and I seen a guy fishing with 2 lines. Stopped by to have a chat with him. Asked him how the fishing was. "Nothing" was his reply. We chatted for a bit and he seemed like a pleasant fellow (from the good old USA), so then I told him he was allowed only 1 line. "Really?" he replied and promptly wound it in.. Well he did plead ignorant so I calmly suggested he read up on the regulations when he got back to camp.

If the ministry is hard up for cash they could go to Mountsberg on any Saturday.

regs.jpg

I saw a guy with live minnows, alcohol, he didn't pay and he was bragging to others that he brought home a garbage bag full of pike last weekend. He was also fishing from the railway tracks which would earn him a trespassing charge and a hefty fine.

The sign is in plain view in the parking lot and states no live bait, no alcohol and a 2 pike limit.

Obviously the CO's can't be everywhere but it's good when they do catch poachers. That's why people should use the tip line when they see something illegal. Two guys in New Brunswick a few weeks ago got caught with 49 brook trout, limit is 5 each. They got a $1700 fine and lost their gear. It's not worth it.

Just noticed this in the local paper.

http://www.nugget.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1234976

yeah but what about this:

Manhunt on in Temagami area

Posted By Nugget Staff

Updated 6 days ago

TEMAGAMI — Ontario Provincial Police are Searching for a wanted man in the area of Spawning Bay on Lake Temagami today.

An arrest warrant is outstanding for Jonathan Paul of Bear Island following an altercation there Sept. 19.

Police say an officer spotted Paul on Lake Temagami around 5:30 p.m. Tuesday. The boat he was in headed for shore near Spawning Bay and police believe the man fled into the bush.

Pfficers from the OPP’s Temiskaming detachment, along with a canine unit, members of the Emergency Response Team, marine units and an OPP helicopter are searching the area.

This would just be a minor set back for the weekly onslaught of smallies at the mouth of the Maitland. They'd be back in a few days with new gear, no license and not a care..... :whistling:

Same crowd, same place, every year and everybody knows.