Turkey deep fryer

jigger08

We've deep fried our bird the last 4 years and plan on doing it again this year and have never injected our bird. My wife loves that her oven is free for her pies potatoes and stuffing. Oh I can't wait....the boys hunkering outside around the deep fryer drinkiing beer the ladies inside dirinking wine.....I love thanksgiving dinner. Good luck....you should be happy with how it turns out. I have 12 people coming this year so I'm going to deep fry two smaller birds. The larger the bird the trickier it gets!

Don't marinate the bird and don't buy a self-basting bird either. You can and it's even desirable to rub-pat the turkey with your favorite herbs and spices....I like a Cajun rub.

If it's the first time you're deep frying something as large as a turkey, don't fry it on a wooden deck or a concrete slab. The fryer should be on grass or earth...very level. You also should keep children and even teenagers away from the fryer. Always stay with the fryer as it needs a few heat adjustments as you go.

Hope you have a great meal.

ps. An apropriate fire extinguisher is a good idea as well.

you definately want to try and avoid the injected kind of marinades..once the bird starts to cook and juices flow..the marinade starts coming out, and will just spell disaster with the outdoor cook pot, water and oil don't mix very well..lol. A good dry rub inside and out should do the trick for sure

Make sure the bird is completely defrosted before it goes into the deep fryer, or you'll have a big, dangerous mess on your hands.

We cook our turkey at 3mins per pound, with the oil at 375 degree's. I picked up one of the cheap BPS 30litre setups last year and our ThanksGiving turkey turned out great. From what I've read and heard, do not inject the bird or use any pre basted bird (Like a Butterball)..

If your going to inject, stay away from any sweet solutions, sugar will blacken your turkey leading to a disaster. I have a friend that deep Fry's turkeys at deferent events and he says he never injects. When you have about 20 people waiting for that Turkey meal and disaster strikes. Try telling your guests we have to order out. :w00t:

But I have to say deep fried turkey is great. The only thing I miss is the gravy & stuffing. That stove top stuff just doesn't cut-it. ;)