Tried hunting Ottawa R. Muskie..ending up Crappie

Well, I didn't expect to ever post a pic of a pan fish while out targeting Muskie but seeing how I caught my first and only Crappie this afternoon, I thought I'd post it for a laugh!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Went out on the Ottawa with Leechman (Jacques) today in search of a nice fall fatty Lunge....we tried everything from 13" cranks to Bucktails...nadda!!! Leechman did manage to get a snot rocket to hit on a 10" Jake though :clapping: ...the winds died down and now we're faced with glass type conditions on the river...so we decide to stop trolling and enjoy some peace and quiet, watch the geese fly by over us, and drift fish in the current for some eyes.....Leechman was able to get into two Saugers and a Channel cat which we decided were not worthy of taking pics :whistling: .....

But, I did manage to get this guy and Jacques was quick with the camera to commemorate the moment of my first ever Crappie...12" :blush::clapping:

Crappie.jpg

real nice crappie! Having said that, I force myself not to take any other gear when targetting muskies or its too easy to switch when those dang brutes are getting you discouraged! Last weekend that tactic paid off for me...5 hours without even a sniff, then landed a 42" and a 44" a few hundred metres apart. You never know when they'll turn on! Either way, congrats on the pb crappie, now get back after those 'skis!

It sure is a nice slab Steve for your first one :thumbsup_anim: Congrats again :clapping:

Today was a lot of fun and sure can't wait to go out again..... may be next time the big girls will come out to play B):D

Thanks again Steve for a great day on the water :thumbsup_anim:

PS Don't forget to buy another pair of long nose cutters as yours went into the drink when trying to unhook my snot rocket :oops:

nice to see you guys did got some kind off action.on the O.R.

we did to today on O.r and got a load off perch and some pike and bass action.

great to see you to guy are geting some time on water.

joco

Edited by joco