Alice Cooper

holdfast

The Kids got me and my wife two Tickets to see Alice Cooper in Saskatoon for our 50th Birthday. This would be the second Concert that I seen this year. Earlier Nahla and I decided to see Ozzy Osborne with Rob Zombie starting the show. The last time we seen a concert together was probably April Wine in Ottawa at the Exhibition about 12 years ago. Why now, well I guess were all getting old and I figure this may be our last chance before the classics retire or die. As far as the Cooper concert was concerned was amazing. We were by far not the oldest. There were kids, Grandmas, and forty year olds bopping their heads to the music. The atmosphere was perfect, what could of been better was seats closer to the stage. This was a rock concert with all his hits in a mixed bag. Not the theatrical spectre of a typical Cooper but enough to visually entertain with some great songs. As far as the band is concerned, they were fantastic. I found the band more rocky and tight than Ozzy's show even with Zack Wild as his guitarist. Coopers guys rocked brilliantly. My favorite song was Halo of Flies in which I witnessed a drum solo with the Drummer, Lead Guitarist, and Cooper Banging away while the Bassist soloed. I cant remember the last time I heard a drum solo, maybe there was one at the Hells Bells concert but I don't remember. How do I rate the concert, a close second to Rob Zombie who I would see again. One last thing, during the "I Want to be elected" song Alice wore a jacket with the stars and stripes, and the Guitarist had a red and white Guitar with a red maple Leaf painted that stood out clearly. Found out later in the show that his lead guitarist is Canadian, Awesome show. Next I think will be the Blue Man Group

PA020044.jpg

PA020046.jpg

PA020047.jpg

PA020048.jpg

PA020050.jpg

PA020051.jpg

Drum and Bass solo during Halo of Flies

PA020053.jpg

PA020054.jpg

PA020055.jpg

right on man, that's whicked cool, Alice has some great songs..I saw a new year's eve concert once..it was great...although I generally like the older Cooper stuff, I forget the name of the tour but it was when the song "Hey Stupid" came out....great show awesome stage show, I also have some great old stuff on video...some of the stage effects are just whicked :thumbsup_anim:

Celebrate your Bday's after with some "Big Apple Dreaming On A Wooden Floor" :o:whistling:

Edited by jwl

I went to his concert a few weeks ago in Vernon BC and thoroughly enjoyed it. This was my first concert since 1994? and I had to plan carefully in order to be working in the area at this particular time. I missed a chance to see him when I was working in Calumet City Illinois a few years ago and had passed by him in the motel lobby where I was staying. I understand he is an accomplished businessman.

outdoorguy61

If I`m not mistaken that was in 1980.... I have on video tape somewhere the news reports from all the damage done....

Doug

I thought 1980 was the Labour Day riot. What can I say, years blur over time. There were a lot of great concerts back then at the Ex, the Gardens, and Massey. I kinda have to guess at what year was which. Tull, Bad Company and Styx, ELO, ELP, Lighthouse, BST, etc.....

Edited by bigugli

I loved his stage show. Anybody remember the 76 riot at the CNE when Cooper cancelled?

in the early...early days it was the other way around..Cooper used to tour alot with Zappa, and it was an in thing to do for a while that once Cooper or Zappa went on stage...the audience would walk out