My first OFNC fishing report...

Streamerguy

Hello All,

Well we decided to go try our luck again friday night,The game plan was to go after our first salmon this

year!!(unlucky so far) toss a few glow in the dark spoons,streamers,glow corkies,whatever was gonna work,

we were gonna try.The salmon skunk was gonna end tonight!!

We set out just before 8pm and made our way to our spot,very quiet perfect night,we could hear them

jump and we are excited that we might just get lucky tonight!!! Well we all know it's

a hit and miss game.... and for the first 3 hours,it was all miss!! That smell of skunk still lingered

in the air, until .......................................................BANG !!!!

My buddy yells over.."Fish-On" and no sooner as he said that all i could here was this

fish peel line like a freight train and then .....SPLASH,splash and what? Yup another SPLASH,Wow what

a jumper!!!! the biggest smile on our faces and he says "looks like the skunk is over" .......Thank god!! :worthy:

He lands this beautiful fish at 32 3/4'' and weighed in at 18 lbs

18lbs-1.jpg

Well i'm excited for him the skunk has been lifted... but the fact is "My skunk is still going on"

feeling better,excited the adrenaline flowing now that we landed 1!!!

Could this be the time they are hitting?? :dunno: ..Should i have put on a pair of women's nylon's for luck?? :whistling:

Few cast's later I have a hit,but not just any hit,one that almost tares my arm off and jerk's me towards

the water(totally un-expected after over 3 hrs of nothing),well the fight is on and i'm grinning from

ear to ear expecting to land my first salmon this year, BUT WT?? :blink:

That's no salmon!! Holy Crap.....It's a freaken Muskie and my PB at 38''(didn't weigh it,too dark,too many

teeth,and i just wanted to get it back in quickly,it freaked once it got to the rocks)

But here she is, Woo-Hoo............ :worthy:

PB38.jpg

Now that was awesome,I need a break,time for a smoke....phew!!

Time to get back at it and catch my 1st salmon,sure the Muskie was great and a helluva treat

but I want my salmon!!!My buddy can't stop talking about the ski,he's really excited about it

thats the first he's seen come outta there.

Well 20 min later my skunk was coming to an end,FISH-ON :thumbsup_anim:

reel.jpg

(my buddy decided to take a pic 10 min into the fight of the rod bend to see if it would turn out with his camera,it did so i got him to take one with mine)

reelin1.jpg

the walk towards him,then he decided to peel off again

reelin30lbs.jpg

...And this was deffinetly a Salmon!!

but not just any Salmon,this was a "Brute" it ended in 30 min after having to walk 100 feet

along the shore or it could have taken over 1 hr!! I landed my 1st and PB Salmon at 39'' and

weigh'n in at 30 lbs(according to scale,not digital) WOO-HOO

Here it is

30lb39.jpg

the release took over 15 min after that fight,we were both tired after 10, 3 min rounds

30lbrelease.jpg

OK Skunk is OVER!!! need a break after that monster,Shot the poop for a few until

this lucky S.O.B,...ME...(according to my buddy) Gets another big hit and wow this one is another Monster.

fight is on and this guy has alot of power,i land this beauty just a tad smaller than the 1st.

The first pic i guess my thumb was to close to his mouth because it latched onto me pretty hard,fiesty

fish made it hard for a pic but we finally got a good pic.bring out the tape and scale

it reads 36 1/2'' and weighed just over 28lbs

0ver28lbs-1.jpg

28lb36-1.jpg

28lbs36-1.jpg

the release

releasing28lb.jpg

We fished for 2 more hours with no bite,nothing!Packed it in and scratched it off as an excellent night

out by the water ..

With 4 PB in a week,my buddy told me to make sure i go buy my 6/49 tickets in the morning,

I won 5 bucks

Next morning i decided to go visit pops down by the hole,not expecting to fish(but if the hits start,

I'm in).He hands me his rod set up with a big roe sack and say's go for it!! OK let's see what we can get.

I asked him if anyone caught anything today,as it was pretty jammed with people and he says nope,nothing!!

Well i'm still feeling lucky(and a bit tired from getting in late last night) I feel a hit and set the hook

on my third cast.

WOW..... we got a fighter here,almost spooled me but did manage to land this MONSTER

GOBY

goby.jpg

The roe was to big to fit in his mouth.... but he sure tried lol

**********************************************************************************************

Friday Oct 3/08

Leave the house around the same time as last friday,we noticed they were not jumping as much as last week,

but still expecting to catch a few,hopefully!!

We fished from 8pm to 2:30 am with 1 landed outta 3.We both lost 1 at shore.(2 dark males)It was a perfect

cool night except for the slow bite.

Did manage to get this one in...get a quick measurement and weight, then release!!

Came in @ 33 3/4 '' and weighed in just over 22lbs

22lbs.jpg

the release

release22.jpg

Next report will be my first time fishing the BOQ ...walleye report to follow in a few weeks

cheers All,hope you enjoy the report and pics

Streamerguy

.and a big congrats on your Sal-Musky!!! :clapping:

might have to look that one up on google? :dunno: lol thnx GCD

Fabulous! Thanks for those great shots.

Thanx douG, I enjoyed yours aswell. :thumbsup_anim:

I can't believe you got a Musky while casting glow spoons for Chinny's.. unreal..

I still can't either..biggest and first outta here

WOW!!! What a first report! Amazing....a muskie throwing spoons for salmon...what a bonus that was.

Keep the reports coming....you both did amazing out there. All those skunks are well worth it when you have a night like that.

:clapping:

Thanx ccmt......bonus/unexpected treat forsure and the smell is of mistymorning rain now...lol

We used to get big browns on frozen smelt off the St.Catharines Game and Fish boat launch docks all the time. Probably a bit early still, but that place holds a tonne of fish!.

It still holds a tonne of fish Bill, friend of mine caught a brown over 28lbs,not on the ice but bottom bouncing down there.Your old stomping grounds are callin lol

Figures eh... out salmon fishing and catch a muskie ! LOL

Some great fish there fella !

Usually i'm Bass fishing when i catch my little muskies :dunno: lol

Some people wear horseshoes for luck, some just swallow the horse. :whistling:

WTG on some great fishing success. Enjoyed reading the report.

your right i did win $5 bucks

You and my buddy would get along just fine!! Thanx bigugli

Thanx for the comments all

cheers

Streamerguy

Edited by Streamerguy

Thats some great shore fishing !! :whistling::clapping: and well done on the 4 new PB"s...all within a few days,and man if you think a big salmon fights hard in the river,you should fight one for 1/2hr on the lake,doing 3-500yrd line buring runs !!! they sure fight hard,a nice bonus as well to get that muskie too,thanks for sharing....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

nice going on the fish man...those muskies can put of one heck of a fight in the current for sure...I have even had a couple smash onto bass I had on the line in the lower river before..my buddy got one like that a couple weeks ago while jigging for bass...he caught a little smallie...and whamo, out oif nowhere a nice musky came and grabbed the bass, his jig stuck the musky...lost the bass, got the musky in :lol:

See ya down on the river soon...boat is coming home next weekend :Gonefishing:

Well i will have to say it has been fun fishing with Streamerguy :thumbsup_anim: , not only for the salmon but for other fish too,

he does have a knack for it, as for the salmon that night, was great fishing, on his 30 pounder he had 2 turns left before he was spooled, trying to run along slippery rocks puts a real challenge to it.

Most exciting part of the night was the muskie streamerguy brought in, that was 1 heck of a tuff fish, giving him a helping hand with that fish was another challenge just to bring to shore and try and get a measurement or weigh it, the things was determined to get away...

Looking forward to another great night soon

Cheers

Troit

Edited by Troit