Sign in to follow this  
Spiel

NVCA accepting conservation award nominations

NVCA accepting conservation award nominations

Sep 30, 2008

The Nottawasaga Valley Conservation Authority (NVCA) is inviting the public to nominate 'Conservation Champions' who've made a significant contribution to the health of the watershed.

"Some individuals go above and beyond their part in helping the environment and we want to recognize their inspiring efforts, time, skill and enthusiasm," Shannon Stephens, healthy waters program coordinator, says.

According to the NVCA, Conservation Champions can be individuals, community groups, businesses and partners of agencies.

There is also a Young Conservation Champion category, open to youth age 18 or under, the NVCA said.

The authority noted it will accept self-nominations.

Eligible projects include environmental restoration projects, tree planting and forest management, environmental publications, environmental education, donation of conservation land or easement, financial contributions towards the purchase of land, implementation of environmental policies or advocacy for the NVCA to stakeholders and decision makers.

The NVCA said it will recognize recipients in November.

Application forms can be found at http://www.nvca.on.ca./ws_par/groups/publi...spar_012641.pdf

Nominations are due Fri., Oct. 17.

They should be sent to the attention of Shannon Stephens at [email protected]; by fax to 705-424-2115 or by mail to 8195 8th Line, Utopia, Ont., LOM 1TO.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• 50 Point Conservation Area + Kelson Beach

I am going to be in the 50 Point Conservation Area tomorrow with a friend and her eight year old daughter.  Is anybody here familiar with the Consveration Area and Kelson beach?  It doesn't look like much from Google Earth; but the pictures from the web site look better. I was just wondering if it was worth visiting.  Also, does anyone know if there are change rooms for the beach? Is there anything else in the area that is good for a family visit?

in General Discussion

• Valens Conservation

Hi All...has anyone fished Valens before. Heading up there in a few weeks and any info on where to start looking for crappies would be appreciated. I was told the max depth on the lake is around 14ft. Any info or insight would be greatly appreciated!   Thanks Jeff

in General Discussion

• Nominations for 1st Annual OFC Awards

Something that doesn't exist. Blew out my knee yesterday so here I sit trying to take my mind off it on the lakeside deck. I can think of worse places to moan. (Me for Most Digressions.)   Need categories and nominees.   The award for Most Helpful,   Big Cliff, the award should be named after him.   Most threads Hi-Jacked, taken off the rails,   I nominate myself and M2B2.   No Thread I won't Comment On,   M2B2 is my nominee.   Law Enforcement Officer of the Year,   Ha

in General Discussion

• Ask the Conservation Officer : Frequently Asked Questions

Lots of great info in this Q&A....   http://www.outdoorontario.net/AskMNR/mnrfaqfish.html

in General Discussion

• Nominations for "Best Thread Of The Year 2015"

I nominate Manitoubass2's Cooking thread, most popular for sure. 2nd Best Drifters thread on his "cabin construction"   Tough one.   Worse sports thread anything "Hockey" or "Maple Leafs".   Best sports thread "Blue Jays".   Best fishing report thread" Anything Mike Borger".   Best non fishing nothing to do with anything. "Anything by me".   Best digression in any thread "Me again".   Best I hate the anything Government threads " Big Cliff".   Best heart breaking "Irishfield"  

in General Discussion