jediangler

wind and weather site

Nice to know.

Here is a site that has actual cameras on many of the Great Lakes showing live coverage of different areas. I have been using this site for MANY years but now with fall coming some cameras may be shut down. Also if you go to say the Toronto pier look below that picture (as all others) and their will be the links for NEAR SHORE and OFF SHORE weather links. This is sometimes the best part.

http://www.lakevision.com/index.html

Bob

For the folks who use the various sites are any of these sites ACCURATE though? I check the Canadian Marine weather buoy forecast and actual data and it is NEVER even close to being right.

Well im with roy,windguru.com,is great also weatheroffice.com is a good one as well,it has all marine weather,and links to the great lakes,or i just go outside to my boat and turn on the vhf marine radio,and i get the continuous marine forecast from environment canada...cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

I use eye witness weather. I look outside and if the trees are moving, then the boats not going to a great lake. :P;)

Great links guys, thanks for sharing. I'll have to check that out next time I hit the bay, and test it's accuracy in comparison to the weather network. I find TWN's wind forecasts are usually pretty good as long as you check right before you go fishing.