Well it looks like the Ottawa River this year instead of the French.

BillM

Just got a call from my oldman telling me that we are mixing it up a bit this year and will be hitting the Ottawa river Thanksgiving weekend for our annual fall fishing trip. I haven't been to the Ottawa since I was 13 or so when we stayed at Driftwood Provincial Park :) If anyone could possibly provide me with a little fishing info I'd really appreciate it. I like new adventures, but would like to maximize our time on the water by catching fish and not washing lures :) No hotspots required, but some patterns/tactics would be nice!

We are staying at Antlers Lodge, in Deux Rivers.. Do the muskie make it up this far? or should we just be focusing on pickerel/bass, snot rockets?

Sorry BillM, never fished the Ottawa. But if I could name drop :whistling: TroutandMuskiehunter's reports and JustinHoffman seem to have alot of success there. They would be the first reports I'd search.

Best of Luck to you and your Father!

I'm headed up to Musky's landing in Severn Sound tonite afterwork, never fished the area, but drooled everytime I drove by.

Thanks man, my parents are about 10mins from Musky's Landing :) Watch out for the rocks, they are everywhere. If you are fishing bass, I'd most likely be looking for the flats next to deep water and whatever weed lines you can find. If you get calm mornings, the topwater bite should be awesome!!! Let us know how it turns out.

So I guess Marc put you guys on some fish? Where's the report?!?!?!?!

:)

I think we should try our luck again out on the Bay, I think we owe it to ourselves after the 8hrs of trolling we did with not even a bump.

Sorry Bill don't know the area..... I'm right near parlement hill near the rideau falls in down town Ottawa.... Great fishing at the Vicroria Island and the rideau falls for anything that can be hooked jigging.

Leechman

Edited by Leechman

I generally fish the Ottawa closer to Mattawa, but that is only about 20 miles upstream from where you are and they have been biting very well of late. Bring both minnows and worms, as well as some Gulp. Jigs are key in this area of the river at this time of year, although bottom bouncers and spinners will work. Look for steep drops, or mid river structure in the 25-35 foot range. You will need some heavy jigs if you are going to fish the current. I repeat, steep drops are key. Good luck.

Bill,

Another thing I forgot to mention is if you can locate bait fish, you're sure that the big ones are not to far away. Last weekend, the fish finder was going nuts and looking at the screen was mostly bait and sure enough got into a frenzy with snot rockets and few bigger ones.

Good luck!