Alaskan Odyssey ~ Trout Bum For A Week

solopaddler

Well that sure wasn't the productive start to the work day I'd planned but it was well worth the extra time I'll have to put in to catch up. I'd been looking forward to this report and it lived up to all the hype. Thanks for taking the time to put together such a great report Mike. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that we really appreciate it. I think Billy at Alaska Trout Outfitters has a bunch of new clients reading this now :)

This could be the best fishing article, post, or whatever i ever read.

May be the greatest gift to this community. :worthy:

The choice of words and writing style are top notch.

Almost skipped the pictures to read the verbage.

The comment on the Alaskan ecosystem was almost an universal observation on all living systems.

It's taken some time to properly digest this trip and put it into words befitting the majesty and grandeur of its backdrop

-the mighty kings, are as big and bellicose as rottweilers.

-A virtual wellspring or rootstock if you will from whence all mykiss of their ilk originated. Very cool.

-The chromatic abstract of the landscape alternately waned then glowed, transformed by shifting light and shadow under agitated clots of cloud. Beautiful.

-But a host of other organisms in this complex web of subarctic relationships receive their salmon dividend in an indirect fashion. The grouse-like tundra-dwelling willow ptarmigan for instance, grow fat on a bountiful blueberry crop that has been fertilized by the scat of salmon-fed bears.

The whole thing is both an elegant scientific equation (fish=bears=blueberries=ptarmigan=arctic foxes) and a living work of art, and it just takes your breath away.

-Though admittedly a romantic, Thoreauesque notion, it was hard not to think of this vast unsullied reservoir of wilderness as anything less than a prescribed medicinal: an elixir for the troubled mind.

Thanks for taking the time and effort for posting this.

ehg

Great report and pics solo :clapping::thumbsup_anim::clapping:

That was a great read and appreciate the effort you put into this report :clapping:

Loved the scenery shots.... Man what a beautiful place B)

Loved the many fish pics B)

Again great job and thanks for sharing your trip with us!

Leechman